LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for all the information on the Portland foodies tour, might have to take a day trip one of these days.

Escape room should be listed under all activities in your Royal IQ app.  Was free last time we sailed.  It is held up in Fuel, just outside the Seaplex.  Only 14 people at a time, so it fills up quickly.

Thanks for that info. I looked at the All Activities section in the Royal IQ app and there’s nothing listed. I will go up to that area later to see if they are doing anything with the Escape Room. Maybe it’s just filled up?

3 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

Thank you very much for the wine, coffee, and menu postings.  If you get a chance, would you mind getting pix of the other drink menus?

Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

Sharon

Drink menus you say? I will make it my mission, my friend.  😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Thanks for that info. I looked at the All Activities section in the Royal IQ app and there’s nothing listed. I will go up to that area later to see if they are doing anything with the Escape Room. Maybe it’s just filled up?

It is called Escape to the Future if it is listed.  They put a sign out in the hallway when it is open.  Reservations do fill up since there are so few.  You get an hour to figure out a series of puzzles that lead to the key to get you out of the room.  If you ask whoever is at the desk on the right as you enter the Seaplex, they can tell you if there are any openings.  We had fun when we did it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Here, we had the County Wet Hop IPA and the Halloween Ale Extra Special Bitter. 

I think you've talked my DH into doing this cruise maybe next year, he loves IPA's. He's wondering if you've tried the IPA's offered at the British Pub on Anthem?

25 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is called Escape to the Future if it is listed.  They put a sign out in the hallway when it is open.  Reservations do fill up since there are so few.  You get an hour to figure out a series of puzzles that lead to the key to get you out of the room.  If you ask whoever is at the desk on the right as you enter the Seaplex, they can tell you if there are any openings.  We had fun when we did it.  

As of a week or two ago, people were reporting it was still there. But they do say the clues are still the same as in the past.

11 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

I think you've talked my DH into doing this cruise maybe next year, he loves IPA's. He's wondering if you've tried the IPA's offered at the British Pub on Anthem?

We haven’t been to the pub yet, but we were thinking it sounded like a good place for lunch on our next sea day!

I will definitely take pictures and report back. 😊

Edited by aring75
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, aring75 said:

I learned back in September when we went to NE/Canada that not ALL activities are on the Royal IQ app, even though it says all. I started carrying my Compass with me too. 

• Like 1

I love your review and all the pictures so far!  Thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures of the compasses, menus and your experiences. 

This is lactose intolerant girl is sooooo happy to hear that they will use almond milk for the specialty coffees!  I plan to take full advantage of the coffee options with the deluxe beverage package. My husband is very happy to hear that he can get a shake to go from Johnny Rocket’s on the drink package too. 

The trolley in Boston looks terrific. I’m sure we will end up doing that and checking out some of the sites where it stops. We were in Boston once, many years ago, on a New England road trip we had taken. We were traveling from Bar Harbor, Maine to Newport, Rhode Island and we stopped at Cheers for lunch. But that was it. I’m looking forward to seeing more of Boston when we go on the Anthem in April. 

The food all looks fantastic on the ship. Would you be able to tell me if they offer any dairy free sorbet as desserts, or dairy free “ice cream”?  

Im actually considering iFly after reading your review of it. My husband said he’s definitely not doing it because he’s actually been skydiving so he doesn’t think he would enjoy it much in comparison. But I just might give it a try. We’re definitely doing North Star. Trying to do that in Bermuda because it’s such a beautiful island. 

Cant wait to read more, especially how you like Jamie’s. I bought the BOGO 2-night specialty restaurant package which I’m giving to my husband next month as our anniversary gift, even though he has to wait until April to experience it lol. My hope is that we get into Wonderland because my husband is a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, and the tasting menu looks so unique. The other one I’d like us to go to is Chops Grille because we both love steak very much. But I’m also curious about Jamie’s. We’re Brooklynites and Italian,  and we have some of the best Italian restaurants here, plus I cook Italian food at home a lot, so Jamie’s really wouldn’t be our first choice.  But I did see the menu for Jamie’s on the Royal Caribbean website and they have some unique items as well as the typical Italian dishes. 

Keep enjoying!  Bar Harbor is an amazing place!  We had lobster at the docks there when we went there, and we loved Cadillac Mountain and Acadia National Park. 

• Like 1

Jaime’s Italian Menu

i-XBz8mCr-X3.png

i-vjnVZTK-X3.png

So much food! No one told me there would be this much food. We had a booth. I could have just curled up on the bench seat and slept there til morning. I’m so full right now I could burst. 

Starters (we shared pretty much everything, even though Mark got stingy with his favorites. Yes you did, Mark! Yes. You did.)

Garlic Bread

i-B83cdfg-L.jpg

Crispy Squid (Calamari)

i-6Brb28q-L.jpg

Prosciutto and Melon

i-8TbFGwR-L.jpg

Caprese

i-6jdhBcz-L.jpg

Entrees

Truffle Tagliatelle 

i-GjTD5Lg-L.jpg

Lasagne

i-fTbGcK2-L.jpg

Dessert

Lemon Merengue Cheesecake (one bite might be missing)

i-7zQzWMW-L.jpg

Brownie (This was warm. Warm and gooey. Mmmmm.)

i-Ptp4XX4-L.jpg

Our server was honestly concerned we didn’t order enough food. I was so stuffed I could hardly move. Not sure what people actually eat here, but I feel confident saying you will not leave hungry. Everything we ate was delicious. Next time I’m getting the lamb chops. I saw them and they looked yummy!

3 hours ago, bangzoom6877 said:

Would you be able to tell me if they offer any dairy free sorbet as desserts, or dairy free “ice cream”?  

I haven’t really been looking as I’m not lactose intolerant, I just have to be careful of the amount of dairy I eat. (It’s a migraine trigger for me.) I haven’t seen any non-dairy ice cream, but I also haven’t asked for it. However I can tell you Jaime’s had sorbet on their dessert menu and I almost got it. It would have been perfect after such a big meal.

I will see if I notice any non-dairy desserts (other than those they have indicated by the little symbol on the dinner menu).

8 hours ago, aring75 said:

Jaime’s Italian Menu

i-XBz8mCr-X3.png

i-vjnVZTK-X3.png

So much food! No one told me there would be this much food. We had a booth. I could have just curled up on the bench seat and slept there til morning. I’m so full right now I could burst. 

Starters (we shared pretty much everything, even though Mark got stingy with his favorites. Yes you did, Mark! Yes. You did.)

Garlic Bread

i-B83cdfg-L.jpg

Crispy Squid (Calamari)

i-6Brb28q-L.jpg

Prosciutto and Melon

i-8TbFGwR-L.jpg

Caprese

i-6jdhBcz-L.jpg

Entrees

Truffle Tagliatelle 

i-GjTD5Lg-L.jpg

Lasagne

i-fTbGcK2-L.jpg

Dessert

Lemon Merengue Cheesecake (one bite might be missing)

i-7zQzWMW-L.jpg

Brownie (This was warm. Warm and gooey. Mmmmm.)

i-Ptp4XX4-L.jpg

Our server was honestly concerned we didn’t order enough food. I was so stuffed I could hardly move. Not sure what people actually eat here, but I feel confident saying you will not leave hungry. Everything we ate was delicious. Next time I’m getting the lamb chops. I saw them and they looked yummy!

I’ve been on the fence on whether to book this restaurant. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bangzoom6877 said:

Cant wait to read more, especially how you like Jamie’s. I bought the BOGO 2-night specialty restaurant package which I’m giving to my husband next month as our anniversary gift, even though he has to wait until April to experience it lol. My hope is that we get into Wonderland because my husband is a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, and the tasting menu looks so unique. The other one I’d like us to go to is Chops Grille because we both love steak very much. But I’m also curious about Jamie’s. We’re Brooklynites and Italian,  and we have some of the best Italian restaurants here, plus I cook Italian food at home a lot, so Jamie’s really wouldn’t be our first choice.  But I did see the menu for Jamie’s on the Royal Caribbean website and they have some unique items as well as the typical Italian dishes. 

Hey Bangzoom.....DH and i did BOGO last year.  when we walked on, we turned right and went to Wonderland and asked what we were assigned.  We were then able to change from our assigned Chops to Wonderland and we kept Jamies as it was what we wanted.  so no worries, you can switch restaurants.  you may not get the exact time you wanted but you can certainly switch.  

1 hour ago, RunnerGurl615 said:

Hey Bangzoom.....DH and i did BOGO last year.  when we walked on, we turned right and went to Wonderland and asked what we were assigned.  We were then able to change from our assigned Chops to Wonderland and we kept Jamies as it was what we wanted.  so no worries, you can switch restaurants.  you may not get the exact time you wanted but you can certainly switch.  

Thanks for posting RunnerGurl615. This is good info to know!