LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

On 10/21/2018 at 4:43 AM, riri13 said:

Woah, did these prices jump up a lot? I thought it was like $2.50 for a burger the last time I was on Anthem in the spring. I could be wrong but I'm cheap and I went twice which I really don't think I would have done at these prices.

I also do not remember the meal deal, I wonder if that is new for the anthem?

The first time I went to Jamie’s Italian our waiter absolutely buried us in food. We would order something and he would bring out another dish that he felt complemented what we had ordered. It was an awesome experience (3 years ago) that we still joke about. A few months later sailed with family and managed to get the same server and the experience was just as good. Impossible to eat it all but worth it. Growing up in an Italian household I feel it wouldn’t be authentic if the amount of food didn’t outweigh the possible intake of those at the table. 

Edited by XJokerX
  • Like 2

Well, we survived the frigid temperatures of Bar Harbor, Maine. I still have all my fingers and toes, though the tip of my nose is still a bit frozen. I will upload some pictures as I thaw out.

Today’s adventures began with a tour into Acadia National Park with Oli’s Trolleys. We opted for the 2-1/2 hour tour (they do offer a 4 hour choice). You can exchange your electronic vouchers right at the end of the tender pier. It’s probably best to buy your tickets in advance. They were telling people today that they were no longer selling tickets, so unless you already bought them, you were out of luck. 

They began boarding earlier than stated on our vouchers (possibly because it was so cold) so we were some of the last people to find a seat. Still, we sat in the very back and it seemed like most seats had a pretty good view. 

i-sW5CsK9-XL.jpg

i-jcsxTpQ-XL.jpg

23 hours ago, aring75 said:

Loved Boston! For such a large city, it is so clean. Everything downtown is close together so it’s easily walkable. Since we had never been there before, the hop on hop off trolley seemed like the most practical idea. It gave us the opportunity to see everything around the city, plus we got discounts off several sightseeing locations with our trolley tickets. You can go to their website to see if you think it would work for you. It’s really not necessary to book through the cruise line. (They run all day long and they really are the exact same thing. Just watch the time and get yourself back before all aboard.)

I’m not sure if I can post the link or the website, but go to the site for Old Town Trolley it’s at trolley tours.com with no spaces. Go to the one for Boston and you can see all of the trolley stops. Hopefully this helps you!

Yes, very helpful information you gave  us,

Thank you so much for your response.

• Like 1

We made our way into the park with the narration of our driver/guide. 

i-WTb2msC-XL.jpg

There were several overlooks where you could see the ship docked below. 

i-3vvM8F9-XL.jpg

We stopped at Thunder Hole for pictures for about 15-20 minutes. 

i-pdR6RTC-XL.jpg

i-qRHJ2Qr-XL.jpg

i-PndKhVt-XL.jpg

i-RRDdCFx-XL.jpg

We drove on to Jordan Pond House for more pictures. Here there is a restaurant and gift shop and also a second floor observatory. 

i-HBHg4VJ-XL.jpg

Our last stop was at Cadillac Mountain. On top of the mountain it is usually 7 to 8 degrees cooler than the temperatures in town. As we drove up the winding road, we could see icicles hanging from the rocks on the side of the road. Nope. Nope. All my nope. 

Got to the top. Got my pictures. Got my butt back in the trolley. 😂

i-rHh8XV6-XL.jpg

i-ZsbXRfb-XL.jpg

• Like 1

After the tour we had to eat lunch. Our driver directed us to a popular local spot.

i-psKtBNQ-XL.jpg

I was on the hunt for a lobster roll, but Mark WILL NOT eat cold seafood. He says it’s like he’s eating bait. It might as well be raw. He has strange eccentricities. So no lobster roll for Mark. I tried to talk him into finding a lobster dinner, but he felt like that would be too much for lunch. Plus, tonight is Chops. 

So I didn’t take a picture of the whole menu. It was huge. Info on beers, lobster roll stuff, and pictures of what we ordered. Just FYI, I felt like there was enough lobster in the roll that two people could share an appetizer, share the lobster roll dinner, and then decide if you have room to share the blueberry pie (or other dessert). There was lobster meat from two whole lobsters stuffed in that roll. It was so much!

i-TXx8Phg-X3.jpg

I ordered the Belfast Bay Brewery Lobster Ale and Mark tried the Baxter Brewing Stowaway IPA and a crab cake appetizer. 

i-qxWbv8z-XL.jpg

i-KcK5pL6-X3.jpg

Lobstah, chowdah, and chips!

i-5bbXTX3-XL.jpg

On 10/21/2018 at 12:15 PM, dream2cruise said:

If you get a chance, would you mind getting pix of the other drink menus?

Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

Sharon

So we started off our bar menu mission last night at the Schooner Bar. On the Anthem, the Schooner Bar has a laid back, relaxed atmosphere and can sometimes get a little crowded with C&A members using their diamond drink vouchers in the evening. But we have had no trouble finding a couple of stools at the bar or some chairs in the lounge area. 

i-LhGHRT5-XL.jpg

i-X9v33NW-XL.jpg

i-sd5PKCs-X3.jpg

i-Hbq9ZVd-X3.jpg

i-tGkqtDb-X3.jpg

i-b5fGMXK-X3.jpg

i-4hDtZpD-X3.jpg

i-Ct4k8Rt-X3.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, aring75 said:

I haven’t really been looking as I’m not lactose intolerant, I just have to be careful of the amount of dairy I eat. (It’s a migraine trigger for me.) I haven’t seen any non-dairy ice cream, but I also haven’t asked for it. However I can tell you Jaime’s had sorbet on their dessert menu and I almost got it. It would have been perfect after such a big meal.

I will see if I notice any non-dairy desserts (other than those they have indicated by the little symbol on the dinner menu).

Thank you so much!  I carry lactase drops with me but I prefer to just avoid foods with a lot of dairy in them. I can eat things like cookies made with butter because butter isn’t a trigger for me, and I don’t need to take my drops for it. Ice cream kills me, and while the drops do help, it still makes me bloated and uncomfortable even with the drops. I can do hard cheeses...Swiss and cheddar without the drops, or mozzarella with the drops. Cakes depend on if they have cream in them. I’m sure I’ll do just fine!

12 hours ago, RunnerGurl615 said:

Hey Bangzoom.....DH and i did BOGO last year.  when we walked on, we turned right and went to Wonderland and asked what we were assigned.  We were then able to change from our assigned Chops to Wonderland and we kept Jamies as it was what we wanted.  so no worries, you can switch restaurants.  you may not get the exact time you wanted but you can certainly switch.  

Thanks for the tip!  I plan to go right to a specialty restaurant as soon as we board, to see what they give us. We’re flexible with the time, as we won’t have the kids with us this time. Just prefer not to sit down much later than 8pm. We are used to eating dinner earlier so if they only have an early time that would be fine. 

Bar Harbor looks as beautiful as ever!  We were there in August 2003, after the big blackout up here in the northeast. It was only 42 degrees at night, which was a welcome relief after having no power for a couple of days in the August heat!

Thanks for posting the Schooner bar menu. Looks terrific. Just to clarify...drinks $13 and under are covered in the deluxe drink package, correct?  Sometimes I read that it’s $13 and under, some people say $14 and under, some say $12 and under. 

1 hour ago, bangzoom6877 said:

Bar Harbor looks as beautiful as ever!  We were there in August 2003, after the big blackout up here in the northeast. It was only 42 degrees at night, which was a welcome relief after having no power for a couple of days in the August heat!

Thanks for posting the Schooner bar menu. Looks terrific. Just to clarify...drinks $13 and under are covered in the deluxe drink package, correct?  Sometimes I read that it’s $13 and under, some people say $14 and under, some say $12 and under. 

I’m pretty sure for our cruise right now it is $13 and under. I will make absolutely certain tomorrow. 

ETA - I think the max drink value can vary by sailing. 

Edited by aring75
  • Like 1

Hope you are not too cold.  Today has been sunny here and it actually felt warm though not very at all.  I was curious if you could take a few pictures of the gym for me.  More the free weights area if you don't mind.  We are thinking about continuing our workouts when we are on in December.  Thanks so much

1 hour ago, heatheranderson13 said:

Hope you are not too cold.  Today has been sunny here and it actually felt warm though not very at all.  I was curious if you could take a few pictures of the gym for me.  More the free weights area if you don't mind.  We are thinking about continuing our workouts when we are on in December.  Thanks so much

Hmmm, not really sure I know where the gym is. We have a sea day tomorrow. I will try to find it and report back. Most cruises it’s like a place I’ve heard of but don’t really believe exists. 

• Haha 2