WHAT ARE YOUR FAV DISHES ON ANTHEM OF THE SEAS

Not really one dish but the breakfast sandwiches at Cafe 270 were really very good when we were on her.

Its quiet for breakfast compared to the windjammer and you can grab a seat in 270 and look out at the wake, a perfect start to the day!

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

Not really one dish but the breakfast sandwiches at Cafe 270 were really very good when we were on her.

Its quiet for breakfast compared to the windjammer and you can grab a seat in 270 and look out at the wake, a perfect start to the day!

We loved breakfast and dinner in the solarium. Everything you want for breakfast but quieter, at least at the beginning of the cruise before it was 'discovered' 

Michaels Pub on the Anthem had some great bar food when we cruised.

I know  this has been replaced with a new bar but I’d imagine the concept will be very similar. It may be worth checking it out for something a bit different.

• Like 1

Was hoping for specific dishes as opposed to places that people have enjoyed. From reviews I so far have the roast beef sandwiches  at Café Two70 and the lobster Mac and Cheese at Michael's pub, but looking for other suggestions. All dining venues have their hits and misses. Was wondering if cruisers had something that they particularly enjoyed and would recommend. 

Edited by Evangaline

I’m following, as I’m also curious about what some favorite dishes are. We go on Anthem in April. 

I saw the reply about RCCL generally having key lime pie on their ships. I love key lime pie. I hope they have it when we go. 

Edited by bangzoom6877

We enjoy the eggplant in Jamie's as well as the lasagna.  The cheesecake for dessert is excellent too.  The caprase risotto is worth skipping, tasted like rice floating in Campbells tomato soup.

The buffet at dinner in Solarium Bistro is really good too.  I know you want specific dishes, but it isn't always the same.  It has a Mediterranean theme to it, great eggplant there too and stuffed vegetables.  The entrees that you can order are just okay, we skip the entrees now and just have what is on the buffet.  The baklava for dessert is excellent. 

Random favorites from the main dining room, roasted duck, beef Wellington, rack of lamb chops, iceberg wedge, cherries jubilee, olive oil pudding, chocolate cappuccino mousse. On my last time on Anthem there was an Indian vegetarian option that was like a variety plate with several chutneys, best dinner of the sailing. In general I would say the fish options tend to be underwhelming, just boring, not inedible. 

Cafe 270 is a great alternative to the Windjammer. Soups, paninis, salads, chips, fruit, in a great setting. It can be hard to find a table there at the busiest times. There are also high tables with stool type chairs if you can do those. You can also just sit in the lounge parts of 270 without a table. 

If you google Anthem of the Seas and menus the first result has all the menus if you want to look ahead. Your stateroom TV will have that night's menu as well if you want to decide between the MDR and somewhere else depending on the menu.

1 hour ago, dahirsh said:

the lamb in Jamie's

the beef at Wonderland

one of the crabcakes, I'll try to figure out which night it was, in the MDR.  I sent back my entree that night and got a second crabcake

it was the night with the shrimp ravioli and the chicken kiev.  the shrimp ravioli did not impress but I really liked the crab cake that night