Club Orange Questions

pirate_dad

I saw the new article giving a preview of the new ship and had a couple questions regarding something mentioned in the article about 'Club Orange'. The article didn't explain it very well but it seems that it is a separate dining room for Suite guests but access can also be purchased. Then I read that it includes concierge services and priority tendering. It got me thinking that this is a service upgrade to Suite comforts without the Suite.. Am I reading this correctly and what is the upgraded cost? Finally for those who have been Suite passengers could you tell me what the difference was in the quality of the food or menu when you ate in the Pinnacle? 

It appears that Seattle knows nothing about "Club Orange" and there is nowhere on the NS site to book it ahead of time.  

Pinnacle breakfast is the same as MDR, just much nicer, quieter ambience, and great Pinnacle service (probably!).  Remains to be seen how it goes in Club Orange, it will be just off the main passageway to the dining room, all glass, if it is like the Koningsdam, and long and narrow.  A strange place to have suite activities!

There is no comparison between the MDR and the Pinnacle Grill with respect to food or service.  It is also so much quieter and not so crowded.  We avoid the MDR.

No one really knows the details of the Club Orange as it will debut on Nieuw Statendam early 2019.  I suspect that access to non-suite guests will be capacity controlled since suite guests are guaranteed access. 

I get the quieter and less crowded part but if the menu is the same its coming from the same kitchen so why pay more for it. The main dining room didn't bother me on the Koningsdam and I loved the view out the back window of the ship. If the food is prepared differently/better cuts or comes out of a different kitchen with better chefs then I might buy into it but it seems like an awful lot to pay for ambiance.

Ship within a ship seems to be the new trend on the larger ships across the industry. Harkens back to the former restricted  first class and tourist class designations - which are okay - money can and should be able to buy different gradiations of amenities, just like every other aspect in the hospitality industry. Best benefit is everyone gets to go to the exact same places, regardless of entry cost and benefits enjoyed onboard. 

Edited by OlsSalt

24 minutes ago, pirate_dad said:

I get the quieter and less crowded part but if the menu is the same its coming from the same kitchen so why pay more for it. The main dining room didn't bother me on the Koningsdam and I loved the view out the back window of the ship. If the food is prepared differently/better cuts or comes out of a different kitchen with better chefs then I might buy into it but it seems like an awful lot to pay for ambiance.

ONLY for breakfast are the MDR and PG menus the same, and there is no extra charge for the PG breakfast for Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers.   Specialty restaurant menus can be found here:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-specialty-restaurant-menus

Edited by jtl513

Cunard has separate dining rooms for the grill suites.   Sadly, the MDR food is poor in comparison to HAL.   Hopefully, this does not further erode the MDR on HAL.   I like that on HAL  the food is the same for everyone with the exception of the paid restaurants, and the Pinnacle at breakfast.  Never had anyone ask me on HAL if I was in a suite,  but on Cunard it was asked frequently.  I don’t mind paying more for things I choose, but don’t want the overall experience downgraded further. 

19 minutes ago, pirate_dad said:

I compared the MDR to the Pinnacle Grill.  Breakfast in the PG has been a perk granted to suite guests without additional fee.  It remains to be seen how this Club Orange interacts with suite perks.  Nor, has HAL stated what the fee will be for non-suite guests to access Club Orange.   Evidently, Club Orange may be similar to Coastal Kitchens on the Oasis class ships.  CK is an alternative dining facility for suites passengers with a different menu, more spacious seating, and much, much quieter.  All is speculation until Nieuw Statendam actually arrives.  

HAL has fallen behind other cruise lines, notably Celebrity and Royal, in providing an improved suites dining.   Very much looking forward to sailing on Statendam. 

Edited by RocketMan275

NCL has a restaurant for high level suite guests to have breakfast and lunch.  I liked it  .  I don't know if they serve dinner as  our   we went elsewhere for dinners.  I was in penthouse  and my friends in a  large suite.

Edited by sail7seas

37 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

NCL has a restaurant for high level suite guests to have breakfast and lunch.  I liked it  .  I don't know if they serve dinner as  our   we went elsewhere for dinners.  I was in penthouse  and my friends in a  large suite.

Yes, the Haven restaurant serves dinner. However, Haven guests usually get a fairly decent number of the up-charge restaurants included in their fares.