Symphony of the Seas Cruise Compass

Hi everyone. When the Symphony starts cruising the Eastern Caribbean, would someone be willing to keep the cruise compasses each day and post them after the cruise?  We are sailing on the ship in February and want to start planning our days.  For those who have already sailed on her, how does she compare to others in the same class?

16 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

My sailing is the first 7 day Eastern after it comes to Miami and I am planning to do a live review.  I will be posting them.

This is great news! I'm going on Dec 1 so I'll be taking notes :) 

I recently returned from a 7 day Med cruise on Symphony. While my compasses are not going to be the same as the Caribbean itineraries, I can offer a few comparisons with the other Oasis Class ships:

As much as we love Oasis, Allure, and Harmony, we think Symphony has beat them all!(with the exception of the DL on Oasis and Allure)

The Diamond lounge was on Deck 4; not a very large room, but nicely attended by Rahul, one of 3 Diamond/Concierge Lounge

concierges. We first met him on Freedom of the Seas in the Suite lounge, and were very pleased with how he works. When we complimented him, he told us that the 3 people who alternate DL/CL service as concierges on Symphony were selected from the best in the RCCL fleet. I would certainly agree!

We missed the Top Tier party, so we inquired how many D, D+, and Pinnacles were on our 9/27 sailing: 4 Pinnacles,  about 30 D+, and about 175 Diamond. He says there will be over 2000 total D and above on the TA.

The ship is absolutely gorgeous! Be sure to check out the always interesting interactive art around the ship. The color and design elements were attractive and harmonious--look for the continuing theme of circles in the ceilings, carpets, MDR and many other areas.

The shows were wonderful as always on Oasis ships. We have seen comedians that we liked better, but we had a good time at every show. 

The Ice show-1977 and the Aqua Show were so amazing; the athleticism, costuming, staging and sheer energy are what sets apart these performances.

We found the food and service in both MDR and Windjammer to be very good. As always, any items that are not exactly what one wished for are graciously replaced. Central Park Café was as good as always, and a great place to grab an afternoon snack after a port day. We had a great birthday dinner in Chops with excellent service.

We love the music on the big ships, and Symphony was up to par. Our favorite venues were the Jazz on 4, and the music in Central Park.

The pools and Solarium area are beautiful and chair hogs are not permitted. We never experienced a tough time finding chairs on deck.

I could go on, but I think Royal really got it right with this ship! Have a great cruise.

Barb

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

My sailing is the first 7 day Eastern after it comes to Miami and I am planning to do a live review.  I will be posting them.

Thank you. I'm on the second 7 day Eastern and would love to read your live review as well as view your compasses.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

How do I follow you?  I'm interested and I congratulate you on being on the first Eastern...can't wait to read you everyday.

8 hours ago, Milwaukeeee said:

How do I follow you?  I'm interested and I congratulate you on being on the first Eastern...can't wait to read you everyday.

I am not sure how to follow but I will start posting a few days before 

30 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Excited to see your posts on Symphony. I just booked one for 2019 over a year away with my sister to celebrate my 30th bday. So I am looking forward to it. But its so far away 😞

We are excited!  It’s ou4 first time on a brand new ship and also our first time in a suite 😃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...