Room Service Question

It's been 7 years since my last cruise.  Sailing next May on the Navigator of the Seas.  On past cruises I enjoyed room service in the morning on my balcony.  I always ordered coffee, pastries and fruit.  It was the best start to my day before my kids got up...Is it right that there is now a charge for room service?  Is this new as I have never had to pay before, always tipped the person that brought it though.  Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Keri's Cruisin' said:

It's been 7 years since my last cruise.  Sailing next May on the Navigator of the Seas.  On past cruises I enjoyed room service in the morning on my balcony.  I always ordered coffee, pastries and fruit.  It was the best start to my day before my kids got up...Is it right that there is now a charge for room service?  Is this new as I have never had to pay before, always tipped the person that brought it though.  Thanks in advance!

There is no charge for continental breakfast items from room service during the morning hours.

See the menu:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/data/dining/room-service/menu/In-Stateroom-Room-Service-Full-Menu-web.pdf

• Like 2

The MDR has a wonderful "hot" breakfast, if you want something like that.  I love eggs, sausage and french toast!  So much nicer and easier in the MDR than in the buffet!  You're seated, and all the butter, syrup, condiments, etc....are on YOUR table!

3 hours ago, cb at sea said:

The MDR has a wonderful "hot" breakfast, if you want something like that.  I love eggs, sausage and french toast!  So much nicer and easier in the MDR than in the buffet!  You're seated, and all the butter, syrup, condiments, etc....are on YOUR table!

Im glad you enjoy the dining room for breakfast, but I agree with the OP.  Absolutely love starting my morning with coffee, juice, a pastry/croissant and fruit on our balcony.  For me, it’s the best!  I may even pay the extra fee and enjoy a hot breakfast on our balcony a couple of mornings.  

• Like 1