Orient clothing optional section open

thegoodlife247

I know that Club Orient is closing, but I was wondering if the clothing optional section of the beach was still open and allowing people to enjoy a section of the beach that is clothing optional.  If not, is there another clothing optional beach in St. Maarten that is just as gorgeous?  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

It was open when we were at Orient Beach in September. There were chairs and umbrellas for rent and a small bar called Perch Lite. There was probably about 20 or so “ naturalists” swimming and sunbathing.

Sad to see what’s become of Club Orient.😔

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

I plan on doing the clothing optional beach on my own during a port day. I have a few questions.

1. Do taxis accept credit cards or US currency? 

2. Would I ask the driver to drop us at Club O or is there another place for public access to the naturist beach area?

3. Is there a place for the public to buy lunch or rent an umbrella?

4. Would Club O allow us to call a taxi for the return to the ship?

5. Do you have any advice or recomendations for doing the clothing optional section of Orient Beach on our own?

Thanks for your insights,

Edited by Tao Diva
punctuation for clarity

1 hour ago, Tao Diva said:

1. Do taxis accept credit cards or US currency? US currency, yes.  Credit cards - not sure if all do.

1 hour ago, Tao Diva said:

2. Would I ask the driver to drop us at Club O or is there another place for public access to the naturist beach area? Just ask to be dropped at Club O.

3. Is there a place for the public to buy lunch or rent an umbrella?  Yes.

4. Would Club O allow us to call a taxi for the return to the ship?  Taxis should be fairly plentiful.

• Like 1

Tao Diva: 

The taxi drivers will drop you off at Bikini Beach and you can walk down to Club O.  Bikini Beach is where the drivers will congregate to pick up fairs, it was very easy to get a taxi back when we were there in September.  I did not see any taxis waiting at Club O to take people back to the ship. The only taxis I saw at the club area were doing tours.

There is a small bar called Perch Light  on the beach at Club O. Besides beer and mixed drinks, they sell hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.  Evidently the chairs and umbrellas survived Irma as they are still renting the same ones.😂 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Actually, you were right the first time!  Irma made a direct hit on St. Martin, Maria devastated a Puerto Rico.   

The beach itself looked pretty good,  it actually looked bigger to me but that may be due to all the missing buildings.

Sherri🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 12:06 PM, sjb317 said:

Tao Diva: 

The taxi drivers will drop you off at Bikini Beach and you can walk down to Club O.  Bikini Beach is where the drivers will congregate to pick up fairs, it was very easy to get a taxi back when we were there in September.  I did not see any taxis waiting at Club O to take people back to the ship. The only taxis I saw at the club area were doing tours.

There is a small bar called Perch Light  on the beach at Club O. Besides beer and mixed drinks, they sell hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.  Evidently the chairs and umbrellas survived Irma as they are still renting the same ones.😂  

Sherri🙂

Thanks for the info on Club O.  We will be there the first week of December.  Always take a cruise that stops in ST. Martin to go to Club O for the day. 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:17 AM, screenname2004 said:

For Orient or other beaches, do I get a taxi where the ship docked or I need to take a water taxi to town first?

My problem going to Orient beach is not the taxi from the port ot the beach but the one from the beach to the port, that are is no popular as before and taxis are not that abundant. I rather visit other beach for sure 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:28 AM, Poppy42 said:

Thanks for the info on Club O.  We will be there the first week of December.  Always take a cruise that stops in ST. Martin to go to Club O for the day. 

Please post back after your cruise. We are on the Escape in late Jan and have a stop in St. Martin. I have been to this island many times (honeymoon in 1985). My daughter and her family want to go to Orient Beach, as she was there when she was a teenager. I heard it was still pretty bad. O would love feedback, as we are also traveling with her 2 babies. Enjoy your cruise 🙂

6 hours ago, cathi007 said:

Please post back after your cruise. We are on the Escape in late Jan and have a stop in St. Martin. I have been to this island many times (honeymoon in 1985). My daughter and her family want to go to Orient Beach, as she was there when she was a teenager. I heard it was still pretty bad. O would love feedback, as we are also traveling with her 2 babies. Enjoy your cruise 🙂

I'll post when we get back.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 12:04 AM, mcatmcat said:

My problem going to Orient beach is not the taxi from the port ot the beach but the one from the beach to the port, that are is no popular as before and taxis are not that abundant. I rather visit other beach for sure 

There were plenty of taxis waiting at Bikini Beach bar when we were at Orient in September. It was not a problem when we were ready to leave at 3pm. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, cathi007 said:

On 11/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, Poppy42 said:

I'll post when we get back.

Reminder, it is about that time :classic_biggrin:   If you guys have time, please provide a trip report regarding Orient Beach and anything worth noting about St Martin in general. 

Interestingly, we're heading to St Martin in about a week for a 6 night ADULT stay in Orient Bay.  Of course we're looking for a day at the beach.  We're Not newbies to C/O 😉   We may also make a trip into Philipsburg for some shopping.

In addition, we're also doing a cruise on the Escape to Bermuda on a family trip in April.  We would be very interested in your thoughts on that too!!

Thanks,

~Bob and Joelie~

PS: Feel free to msg us if you prefer

On 10/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, thegoodlife247 said:

I know that Club Orient is closing, but I was wondering if the clothing optional section of the beach was still open and allowing people to enjoy a section of the beach that is clothing optional.  If not, is there another clothing optional beach in St. Maarten that is just as gorgeous?  Thank you.

I am not sure if your question regarding other beaches was answered here.

There is a very good, and active,  F B group that discusses nudism (as well as travel in general) in regards to all the beaches in SXM.  Please send me an email if you are interested in that.  b_duds at A O L dot com

~Bob and Joelie~

• 4 weeks later...

We were just there last week.  The clothing optional side was very busy but still had chairs and umbrellas available.  This was busier then any other beach at OB.  Great time.  Plan on going this time for sure