Playa Mia Grand Beach Park

ready2cruzagain

Lots of reviews here and on Tip Advisor.

I would also look at the Playa Mia web site and compare package deals they offer to the ship's excursion.  Taxi each way, if transport is not included, will be about $17 each way (fare covers up to 4 passengers sharing the cab).

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Lots of reviews here and on Tip Advisor.

I would also look at the Playa Mia web site and compare package deals they offer to the ship's excursion.  Taxi each way, if transport is not included, will be about $17 each way (fare covers up to 4 passengers sharing the cab).

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

I tried doing a search on here and it does not work, says no results.  Looking at doing it through MSC with their 20% off it is cheaper and transportation is included.     I will look at Trip Ad. Thanks

I was also looking at booking Playa Mia.  If you go to shore excursioneer, their prices are actually less than Playa Mia's own site, and they will give you a full refund if you don't go for any reason.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:54 PM, kpjb said:

I was also looking at booking Playa Mia.  If you go to shore excursioneer, their prices are actually less than Playa Mia's own site, and they will give you a full refund if you don't go for any reason.

Actually, it is only $59 pp through MSC, they give a 20% discount if you book online before your cruise.  So cheaper to book through the ship.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 2:28 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

I tried doing a search on here and it does not work, says no results.  Looking at doing it through MSC with their 20% off it is cheaper and transportation is included.     I will look at Trip Ad. Thanks

Search engine is working again now.

Main problem with going through the ship is you are limited to their timings. If that works for you, may be a good option.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...

The Playa Mia Grand Beach Park site looks amazing.  It sure looks like booking directly with them will give us more flexibility, since the Carnival excursion requires the higher package purchase with open bar and full buffet access.  Does anyone happen to know prices of food and drinks, if we order as we go during the stay?

12 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

The Playa Mia Grand Beach Park site looks amazing.  It sure looks like booking directly with them will give us more flexibility, since the Carnival excursion requires the higher package purchase with open bar and full buffet access.  Does anyone happen to know prices of food and drinks, if we order as we go during the stay?

If you search on line there are several pictures of the Playa Mia menu posted.  Google or Bing are your friends! :classic_wink:

12 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Was just at Playa Mia.  Service was very good.  Food was pretty bad.  The kids splash park is outstanding.  The beach is well kept and very nice.  The overall facilities are nice.  If you have kids, I would go here.  If you do not have kids, I would do Mr. Sanchos.

In either case, I'd book direct and not go through your cruise line.  It's SO much easier to just walk off the ship at YOUR timing, hop in a cab and head over.  Then when you are done, at YOUR leisure, you hop in a cab and go back.  Cabs are readily available and waiting outside all day.  We were there a good hour before the cruise passengers arrived, enjoying an empty beach, pool, etc... and we felt like going back earlier so we left when WE were ready.

There is no reason to do this through your cruise line.

Keep in mind that the all inclusive food is totally different than the ala carte food.  All inclusive has a buffet of "meh" items, but you choose from a full menu when purchasing on your own.

I found the buffet sufficient to tide me over during the day until I got back on the ship.  YMMV depending on how much you plan on eating or drinking, but the place is known for their water activities and not for their great food and drink options.

Paradise Beach was better in my opinion. It’s not all inclusive but the pool is breathtaking and admission so cheap you’ll still pay

less by the time you buy food and a few drinks. We’ve been to both and would return to Paradise beach hands down!

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 4:10 PM, BNBR said:

Was just at Playa Mia.  Service was very good.  Food was pretty bad.  The kids splash park is outstanding.  The beach is well kept and very nice.  The overall facilities are nice.  If you have kids, I would go here.  If you do not have kids, I would do Mr. Sanchos.

In either case, I'd book direct and not go through your cruise line.  It's SO much easier to just walk off the ship at YOUR timing, hop in a cab and head over.  Then when you are done, at YOUR leisure, you hop in a cab and go back.  Cabs are readily available and waiting outside all day.  We were there a good hour before the cruise passengers arrived, enjoying an empty beach, pool, etc... and we felt like going back earlier so we left when WE were ready.

There is no reason to do this through your cruise line.

What is the price for admission for adults and kids? 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Hawaii697 said:

Is Paradise beach a good option for a 9 year old, a 21 year old and 61 year old?

Yes!  Water toys, big pool, nice beach, good facilities plus good food, drinks and service.