Bliss Jersey Boys scheduling from Miami

Sand and Seas

I know it can change, but trying to plan ahead for booking dinners around the shows.  Our sailing will be open for scheduling soon.

Can someone who has had access to booking shows tell us what days of the week Jersey Boys is scheduled on a 7 day sailing?

30 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I know it can change, but trying to plan ahead for booking dinners around the shows.  Our sailing will be open for scheduling soon.

Can someone who has had access to booking shows tell us what days of the week Jersey Boys is scheduled on a 7 day sailing?

There hasn't been any 7 day round trip Miami cruises yet. The Bliss is getting ready to do a 14 day cruise to head to Miami so it's pretty tough to tell.  On the 14 Day Panama Canal cruise , Jersey Boys is scheduled for November 14 and 15 (Wed and Thursday)

Edited by Georgie562

1 minute ago, Georgie562 said:

There hasn't been any 7 day round trip Miami cruises yet. The Bliss is getting ready to do a 14 day cruise to head to Miami so it's pretty tough to tell.  On the 14 Day Panama Canal cruise , Jersey Boys is scheduled for on November 14 and 15 (Wed and Thursday)

Thanks for that info!  They might stay with that Wed/Thur schedule....or not 🙂

I'm hoping someone who has booking available 120 or 130 (Haven) days out has seen those 7 day Miami schedules. 

I was wondering the same thing.  My sailing opens for booking tomorrow.  Since I didn't see any info I looked on a roll call that is a few weeks before my sailing.  It showed that for their bookings, Havanah was on the 2 and 3rd night at 7:30 &10:00.  Jersey Boys is the 5&6 nights 7:30 and 10:30.  Also Jersey Boys run 1hr and 45 min.  I will find out tomorrow if this is the schedule.  It does help to plan your dinners. 

Edited by LISAARCH
misspelled

1 hour ago, LISAARCH said:

I was wondering the same thing.  My sailing opens for booking tomorrow.  Since I didn't see any info I looked on a roll call that is a few weeks before my sailing.  It showed that for their bookings, Havanah was on the 2 and 3rd night at 7:30 &10:00.  Jersey Boys is the 5&6 nights 7:30 and 10:30.  Also Jersey Boys run 1hr and 45 min.  I will find out tomorrow if this is the schedule.  It does help to plan your dinners. 

Our 7 day sailing from Miami, we booked Jersey Boys on Wednesday Jan 9, also showing as available on Thursday the 10th.

1 hour ago, LISAARCH said:

I think that matched what we had for Alaska.  Havana was first.  Jersey Boys was later.

Definitely book Jersey Boys.  They did a great job.  Havana was... meh.

50 minutes ago, gambit57 said:

I think that matched what we had for Alaska.  Havana was first.  Jersey Boys was later.

Definitely book Jersey Boys.  They did a great job.  Havana was... meh.

Good to know!  Did you try Q?   I read in someone's review that in order to be there for the music performance you should book your meal later in the evening. 

I'm going on the Bliss and seeing Jersey Boys next Wednesday, on Halloween. The only show left was at 10:30, though. I already saw the movie version of it, though, and hopefully the Frankie Valli role will be able to manage his falsetto well--difficult to recreate a unique voice like that. I'm actually more excited to check out the Cavern Club, since I've been a Beatles nut for 50 years now and have all their music loaded on my phone to listen to while walking around the ship. I read the Beatles band does early stuff the first night and later stuff the next, so hopefully it will sound good and the attempted Liverpudlian accents not too embarrassing. 

55 minutes ago, rj42 said:

I'm going on the Bliss and seeing Jersey Boys next Wednesday, on Halloween. The only show left was at 10:30, though. I already saw the movie version of it, though, and hopefully the Frankie Valli role will be able to manage his falsetto well--difficult to recreate a unique voice like that. I'm actually more excited to check out the Cavern Club, since I've been a Beatles nut for 50 years now and have all their music loaded on my phone to listen to while walking around the ship. I read the Beatles band does early stuff the first night and later stuff the next, so hopefully it will sound good and the attempted Liverpudlian accents not too embarrassing. 

I love the Beatles too!   It sounds like the Cavern Club will be fun but super crowded to get into.

Let us know how it goes for you....maybe a 'Beatles' mini-review for us fans 🙂

Have a great cruise!

14 hours ago, iamalmond said:

On the Bliss from MIA on Dec 1st.

Jersey Boys on 12/5 and 12/6. (Days 5 and 6)

Havana on 12/2 and 12/3.  (Days 2 and 3)

Booking just opened up today and 

18 hours ago, LISAARCH said:

Booking opened today for my Feb. cruise.  Havana day 2&3 7:30 or 10:00.  Jersey Boys is different than I thought.  It is  day 6&7, 7:30 or 10:30.  Going to have to switch a specialty dinning.  ,

3 hours ago, LISAARCH said:

Booking opened today for my Feb. cruise.  Havana day 2&3 7:30 or 10:00.  Jersey Boys is different than I thought.  It is  day 6&7, 7:30 or 10:30.  Going to have to switch a specialty dinning.  ,

That is a change.  I don't remember ever going to a major show on last night of cruise.  It would be more fun than packing:classic_huh:

On 10/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, Sand and Seas said:

For our February cruise, reservations for The Jersey Boys show up on Wednesday and Thursday with 7:30 & 10:30 time slots for each day.

21 hours ago, LISAARCH said:

Our Feb 2 sailing is on days 5 & 6, which are the 6th and 7th of Feb.  Is this where you got confused if you're on the 2/2 sailing?

On 10/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Good to know!  Did you try Q?   I read in someone's review that in order to be there for the music performance you should book your meal later in the evening. 

I have to double check, but I think I had a reservation at 5:15 or 5:30.  You tell them to rush, they can rush.  I also asked to rush once in a MDR, but they didn't rush like they did in Q.

I tried Q, Le Bistro, and Teppenyaki on the Bliss.

Food quality was great on Q and Teppenyaki.  Maybe not the most authentic of BBQ, but it tasted good so that's all I really care about.  Portions were HUGE, which also made me feel better.  Le Bistro definitely wasn't worth it to me.  They offer higher end dishes, but the quality is only maybe as good as the complimentary French stuff on other lines (including the "higher end" items).  My Teppenyaki food was fabulous, but the other chef was cooking the same food and it looked noticeably different and the people he was serving didn't look like they were having as fun a time.  I think I lucked out and got a great chef vs a mediocre one.

Service was great on Teppenyaki, but I think that's due to the nature of seating there.  1 chef for a group right in front of him, with a waiter also set right there.  Q was a little slow until we asked them to push the dishes.  Then, daughter started feeling sick (2nd cruise in a row; she needs to stop touching everything she passes) and when they noticed, they really jumped up and were outstanding.  Had a bad waitress in Le Bistro, but other servers stepped in during her extended absences towards the end and they were great.  Very hit and miss on service, which, at roughly $25/person, is unacceptable.

Edited by gambit57

• 9 months later...