The only thing worse than not turning off Avatars is having to view Newest Photos

2 hours ago, SnowshoeCat said:

I was able to turn off just the sidebar photos and the captions. It was quite by accident, so I'm not sure if I can explain. When I clicked on "Block Element", a new window opened up. I then went back to CC and hovered over the areas I wanted blocked. The highlighted color was yellow, and I didn't realize that was the "element". So I repositioned the cursor until the sidebar was highlighted, then clicked. The first time I did it, I only highlighted one photo. Then I realized I can highlight the entire column, and that's when I got rid of the rest of them.

Right but it takes the entire sidebar out and the sidebar includes an announcement section with global announcements from CC. While most of the time these announcement seem trivial, this is where they will announce changes to the boards or, as they are doing right now, highlighting problems with log ins and staying logged in. That is why I opted to block just the pictures themselves. (BTW, I have noticed that the announcements don't appear in every sidebar, for instance, no announcements on this page.)

You can undo the changes you made: Options, Advanced,  My Filters List, edit, delete what is there, save and  then start again to block elements (on a page that has the announcements so you can make sure that you aren't blocking them).

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm not a moderator, but I think it would be great if we could turn off pictures in our profile. There might be some who want to see the pictures - - I'm just not that person

What pictures in your profile?  There's just my avatar in my profile.

my avatar is a frog. But at the bottom of the mobile site I've got a bunch of garbage photos. So I guess I'm saying it wrong. On other sites, I can block content in my profile here I need to get yet another app using up my battery to limit what I'm forced to see or block