Roll Calls - how to go to first unread post.

The title says it all.  When accessing a roll call, how do I proceed to the fist unread post.

There used to be a specific link for this, but if there is one now in the new format, I cannot locate it. 

2 minutes ago, racj846 said:

The title says it all.  When accessing a roll call, how do I proceed to the fist unread post.

There used to be a specific link for this, but if there is one now in the new format, I cannot locate it. 

When you get to the "XXX (ship name) Roll Calls" forum, scroll down and find the Roll Call you're looking for.  Once there, if there have been any new posts since the last time you were there, there will be a dark blue dot (or star) in front of the thread title.  Click on the dot (or star).  DO NOT click on the thread name.

Like any other thread listing, the listing of roll calls has blue dots or stars in front of threads that have unread posts. If you click on the dot/star it will take you to the first unread in that thread.

Sorry but I am not seeing what either of you have suggested.  Using Grand Princess Dec 8/18 as an example I find the roll call;  then I click on 'view discussion' which takes me to the thread.  I now see 5 grey stars but they do nothing. Have not looked at this thread in over 4 weeks but there are very recent posts - I went to the end of the thread and worked backwards!!!

16 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Sorry but I am not seeing what either of you have suggested.  Using Grand Princess Dec 8/18 as an example I find the roll call;  then I click on 'view discussion' which takes me to the thread.  I now see 5 grey stars but they do nothing. Have not looked at this thread in over 4 weeks but there are very recent posts - I went to the end of the thread and worked backwards!!!

Are you using the "Find Your Roll Call" link (with the gold star)?  That feature is not the way to find what you're looking for.

To find the roll call, go to the "Forums" tab in the upper left, click on that.

Scroll down to the Roll Call forum and find "Princess Cruise Lines Roll Calls", click on that.

Scroll down to "Grand Princess Roll Calls", click on that.

Scroll down through the threads there to find the December 8, 2018 roll call.  If there are new (unread) posts since your last visit the dot (or star) in front of the title will be dark blue.  If there are no new posts, the dot (or star) is not there or grayed out. 

BTW, a star means you've posted on that thread, a dot means you haven't.

There's no Dec 8, 2018 Grand Princess cruise.  

Edited by Shmoo here

Shmoo here - evidently the system has changed since the new format was introduced.  I used to access a roll call by using the link 'Find your roll call' at the top of a page, such as this page.  However following your very precise instructions (thank you) I see no star or dots of any color.  ....and I did not click on the line with the gold star.

Sorry should have been Dec3/18

Getting late now so I will try again tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Shmoo here - evidently the system has changed since the new format was introduced.  I used to access a roll call by using the link 'Find your roll call' at the top of a page, such as this page.  However following your very precise instructions (thank you) I see no star or dots of any color.  ....and I did not click on the line with the gold star.

Sorry should have been Dec3/18

Getting late now so I will try again tomorrow.

Currently all the old posts (pre-forum change) are being indexed so the search feature can find them.  The "Find Your Roll Call" link is part of the search feature.

Until such time as the indexing is done, all searches will be incomplete and prone to errors.

5 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

I have my roll calls bookmarked.  Is there any way to go to the first unread post using bookmarked threads?

edit your bookmark and put the following at the end of the bookmark:

?do=getNewComment

So for the thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599813-i-hate-that-the-editor-saves-my-last-edit/, if you wanted to go to the first unread automatically, change it to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599813-i-hate-that-the-editor-saves-my-last-edit/?do=getNewComment

6 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

?do=getNewComment

So for the thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599813-i-hate-that-the-editor-saves-my-last-edit/, if you wanted to go to the first unread automatically, change it to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599813-i-hate-that-the-editor-saves-my-last-edit/?do=getNewComment

That works perfectly - thank you.

18 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

?do=getNewComment

Works like a charm - thanks!

• Like 1