Forward Oceanview Breakaway

lovetotraveltx

There are vidoes posted on YT (they are nearly identical between BA, Getaway & the Escape ...  we saw one of those on a higher, deck 14).

It is in the Foward section of the ship, deck 10 isn't that high up but you will still feel plenty of motion with sea swell & stormy weather, depending ... not for those prone to motion sickness.  For the ship's bridge navigation safety, etc. - you MUST lower & keep the shades down at night to avoid reflections from the interior lights to get bounced up, a distraction for the officers on duty.  It is a fairly long walk from the Fwd elevators & chairs; and, the corridor or passage is somewhat narrower - good for daily walking exercises.  Noises from above & below should pose no issues, neighbors sandwiched between thin walls could be.  

It kind of depends on what you are looking for & importance - on the Escape, the space under/in front of the window is wide/long/deep enough for 2 to sit on to read (refer to the videos) and a padded cushion was provided.  There are storage below with the sliding doors (vs. typically open shelves in other OV cabins) for this class of ships.  Bathroom is configured the same otherwise, like the rest of them.  

You are CRAZY to even think of changing cabins...

We booked #9700 on the Bliss because the *700 cabins are HUGE!!! (a cruise ship "secret")

Also 2 TVs, larger bathroom (with tub) and separate sitting area.

here's a video featuring YOUR cabin on Escape - same thing .... (betcha you don't even think about changing now...)

Edited by Cruise Cynic
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2018 at 4:36 AM, Cruise Cynic said:

We booked #9700 on the Bliss because the *700 cabins are HUGE!!! (a cruise ship "secret")

here's a video featuring YOUR cabin on Escape - same thing .... (betcha you don't even think about changing now...)

This is great!!!!!  We just booked cabin 12100 on the Breakaway, but I don’t think it’s this big!!!!

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Cruise Cynic said:

All *700 cabins on Breakaway-class ships are this size, as far as I can tell. 

We cruised in March on the Bliss and the cabin was exactly as “advertised”. 

I believe that it is for the Breakaway Plus Class, not the Breakaway Class. 

For BA/GA, I believe that they are HC staterooms. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Incorrect Two Wheels Only... Category OC (Large outside cabin with large picture window) on Breakaway/ Getaway too. 

*700 cabins are just as large on Breakaway and Getaway (according to the deck plans) so ALL Breakaway-class, not just the Plus class feature these unusual cabins. 

Soooo....Here’s the list:

Breakaway

Getaway

Escape

Bliss

Joy

Encore

Edited by Cruise Cynic

45 minutes ago, Cruise Cynic said:

Incorrect Two Wheels Only... Category OC (Large outside cabin with large picture window) on Breakaway/ Getaway too. 

*700 cabins are just as large on Breakaway and Getaway (according to the deck plans) so ALL Breakaway-class, not just the Plus class feature these unusual cabins. 

Soooo....Here’s the list:

Breakaway

Getaway

Escape

Bliss

Joy

Encore

This is 12700 on Breakaway.....

...and it looks to be HC with a sleeping capacity of only 2.

You are correct. They are handicapped cabins on Breakaway and Getaway. So indeed these larger quad cabins can only be found on Breakaway-Plus ships-

Escape

Bliss

Joy

Encore

Still Category OA on Breakaway and Getaway, so excellent value for extra space. For Disabled persons of course. 

Edited by Cruise Cynic

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the information in your post. 

I have booked bliss cabin 9700 for a 2 week cruise since it looks quite large.

I am Travelling with my young son...... is there an area seperated by a curtain from rest of cabin for privacy like in the cabins on deck 5.  Would like to be able to put him to bed and still be able to have some lights etc on during the evening.  Wondering if I should have booked deck 5 instead but space was so tempting ...any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help / info

On 11/11/2018 at 5:36 AM, Cruise Cynic said:

is cabin 9700 on NCL BLISS the same as the  Escape cabin 10700  shown in this video.....any help is appreciated.  

Edited by cferneyhough

Bliss 9700 was identical in size, meaning HUGE for any cruise ship cabin. And the bathroom was as shown in the video.

However, there was no second TV for the sitting area and the master bed was on the opposite side near the window. It had an open plan, with no wall or curtains beween the sofa/sitting area and the rest of the room.

Edited by Cruise Cynic

• 2 months later...