New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

4 minutes ago, CARALOU20 said:

My sailing on May 5/19 Oasis out of Barcelona is now showing a second restaurant...

• Exclusive embarkation lunch at a specialty dining venue. Choose between a Steakhouse (Chops Grille) or Italian (Giovanni’s Table or Jamie’s Italian depending on your ship). You can select your venue of choice once onboard. Seating is first come, first served from 11:30am – 1:30pm. 

It also changed for shows. At first, it was showing No reservations required and now it says they are..

• Reserved VIP seating at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. You must reserve your tickets in advance in the Entertainment section of Cruise Planner up to 72 hours before your sailing or onboard the ship. 

I'm glad you mentioned this. After I purchased it, I stopped looking at the details. Just monitored the price. Mine has these updated conditions, too (symphony 9/19).

Edited by Zee890

12 minutes ago, cbc cruiser said:

I don't understand the confusion regarding needing reservations for priority seating. It clearly states on my overview for the key before I purchased, "Reserved priority seating at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED PRE-CRUISE OR ONBOARD"

If they don't honor that, then I won't honor the full price being charged. This is a stated benefit that we are paying for.

My sentiments exactly.  We have been in touch with the Resolutions Department because we also purchased the key for the same benefits, however prior to doing so, we reserved all of our shows.  In checking online to see what we had originally reserved, most of our reservations have disappeared.  We are now worried based on feedback from other cruisers, who have stated that we need reservations, despite purchasing the Key program, that we will not get a seat because our reservations have disappeared.  Hence, the connection with the Resolutions Department.  They have asked us to forward the information about no reservations needed to them.  We are waiting to hear back from them.  I'll keep you posted once we do.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zee890 said:

4 minutes ago, Zee890 said:

I'm glad you mentioned this. After I purchased it, I stopped looking at the details. Just monitored the price. Mine has these updated conditions, too (symphony 9/19).

I just noticed mine has updated the conditions too for June 2019 on Harmony.

I really think they are asking for reservations to be made so they can get an idea of seats to hold for shows.  You will still have access the "Key" seats, they just want a better idea.  If there were no reservations, then 100 people could show up for a show looking for their reserved seats in the special section.  That plus holding seats for the Suites and higher, seems unrealistic.

I guess they all could be released 15 mins prior if only 30 people show up, but still that is taking a lot of seats out of inventory so to speak without any confirmations.

Make a reservation, holds a seat for you, and I am also sure you can do this on board as well.  Just showing up might not work on the OASIS class as those shows are super busy and people line up for a crazy amount of time.

I was on the INDY last year and never had any problem walking into theater or Studio B with 10 mins to go and getting a great seat.  It was almost always full, but never had a problem.  Maybe I was lucky, but I do plan this Summer on the Symphony to make reservations to hold my "key" seats.

Cheers !!

18 minutes ago, CARALOU20 said:

My sailing on May 5/19 Oasis out of Barcelona is now showing a second restaurant...

• Exclusive embarkation lunch at a specialty dining venue. Choose between a Steakhouse (Chops Grille) or Italian (Giovanni’s Table or Jamie’s Italian depending on your ship). You can select your venue of choice once onboard. Seating is first come, first served from 11:30am – 1:30pm. 

It also changed for shows. At first, it was showing No reservations required and now it says they are..

• Reserved VIP seating at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. You must reserve your tickets in advance in the Entertainment section of Cruise Planner up to 72 hours before your sailing or onboard the ship. 

So now it is up to 250 people

20 minutes ago, CARALOU20 said:

Where were you able to go back and see that it changed? I wanted to check ours to see if anything had changed but I guess since it may be sold out on our cruise it's not even an option to see it besides my receipt from purchasing it. 

• Like 1

Just now, princesslondon said:

Where were you able to go back and see that it changed? I wanted to check ours to see if anything had changed but I guess since it may be sold out on our cruise it's not even an option to see it besides my receipt from purchasing it. 

It was just in under  the same place internet and more so yes, yours may be sold out

Also, does anyone know how to reserve seats if you have the key? In my cruise planner the entertainment option for shows isn't there. When I called to book the key (had to do multiple rooms) she said the shows wouldn't show up to be booked because I didn't' need reservations for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, princesslondon said:

Also, does anyone know how to reserve seats if you have the key? In my cruise planner the entertainment option for shows isn't there. 

It depends on the ship - not all ships take show reservations. On those that do, you'll have to keep checking the planner for them to be available.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

It depends on the ship - not all ships take show reservations. On those that do, you'll have to keep checking the planner for them to be available.

It's the Oasis so I know they take reservations. They aren't showing and we are less than 75 days out so they should be showing if I can reserve them. It just concerns me because when I originally bought the key (month or so ago) she said they wouldn't show because I bought the key, but now i feel like i need to have show reservations just in case. 

Just now, princesslondon said:

It's the Oasis so I know they take reservations. They aren't showing and we are less than 75 days out so they should be showing if I can reserve them.

Ask others in your roll call - plenty of them probably don't have key and can tell you if they have anything available in the planner - my guess is that no one does. Keep checking.

33 minutes ago, CARALOU20 said:

Well that's a bummer.

2 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

Well that's a bummer.

They may have had too many Key-holes (thank Andrew for the term) show up at once without a reservation and they had to put a limit on it somehow.

Edited by Biker19

They should really contact people who already purchased.  I suspect the terms changed for everyone including people who already purchased  given the terms also say they change them whenever they feel like it.  They're going to have some grumpy people on their hands if they don't reserve in advance because they thought they didn't have to.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

They should really contact people who already purchased.  I suspect the terms changed for everyone including people who already purchased  given the terms also say they change them whenever they feel like it.  They're going to have some grumpy people on their hands if they don't reserve in advance because they thought they didn't have to.

I agree, just checked mine and only mention is when you click on the details for the KEY under the Internet and More options and you can see the changes there.  

I have plenty of time, but those leaving this weekend, hope they know to do this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pootie316 said:

I'm about to find out in a few days. Leaving 2/3.

Hey I would check your planner and see if you can make reservations for the shows.  It seems the policy has changed and they request for you to make reservations before you go.  Anyways let us know how it works and what happens if you didn't reserve ahead of time.

Ugh, the Key benefits changed for my Harmony April 14th sailing as well. Reservations are now REQUIRED minimum 72 hrs before (or onboard) 😞 not happy the deciding factor booking Key for the seven of us was not having to plan entertainment. I have screenshots of both versions. 😞

And no entertainment available to book yet, 75 days to go.

Edited by October17

I had made reservations before The Key was even a thing, and I never bothered to cancel them. When I originally signed up, you had to have reservations anyway. Then 'The Key' switched to 'no reservations needed'; now it seems to be switching back to reservations required. I'm okay with having my shows planned in advance, but I know others were keen on this as a perk of The Key.

• Like 1

So I went into my cruise planner to double check that my shows are still there (they are). The Key verbiage on my cruise still indicates No Reservations required for Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. My cruise is 10 Feb, so they might be pushing the changes later in the calendar. Since we are sailing in less than 2 weeks it would be nonsensical to change it this late.

• Like 2