Concierge Lounge for Suite guests

Raceyfool

I didn't think such a thing existed on Princess ships other than Royal class ships. Even then I thought there was just a sort of small lounge place with no concierge. I've never sailed in a suite (and likely never will) but that was what I understood from postings here on CC. (I've been known to be mistaken before though... :classic_wacko:)

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I didn't think such a thing existed on Princess ships other than Royal class ships. Even then I thought there was just a sort of small lounge place with no concierge. I've never sailed in a suite (and likely never will) but that was what I understood from postings here on CC. (I've been known to be mistaken before though... :classic_wacko:)

Yes there is a concierge and lounge on the Royal/Regal/Majestic

How much do people really feel obligated to tip? The daily auto gratuity is to take all the guesswork out of any tipping on board, you're finished, no more is expected. The only exception is the 18% they add onto bar or Spa service. 

Edited by cruzsnooze

49 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

How much do people really feel obligated to tip? The daily auto gratuity is to take all the guesswork out of any tipping on board, you're finished, no more is expected. The only exception is the 18% they add onto bar or Spa service. 

When did they increase the gratuity to 18% ? I thought it is 15% , at least for the bar charges. Don't know about the Spa, never used it.

Theo

On 11/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, Renmar said:

When did they increase the gratuity to 18% ? I thought it is 15% , at least for the bar charges. Don't know about the Spa, never used it.

Theo

you may be right about 15% for the bar. I was charged 18% for a foot massage recently. 

We did not tip the concierge. All we asked him to do during our 10 days on the Royal last December was to make Crown Grill reservations for us--after he volunteered to do so. It's just part of his job. It we had used his services more, I might have been inclined to tip him at the end of the cruise.

The concierge is on duty only for short periods of time each day---it is not an all-day service.  We have only asked the concierge to make specialty restaurant reservations once and that was on embarkation day and I could not get through on the Dine Line.

We did not tip the concierge.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:36 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes there is a concierge and lounge on the Royal/Regal/Majestic

Keith, the Royal / Regal / Majestic are “Royal Class” ships as the previous commentor said.  He was right.  Currently those are the only Concierge Lounge ships in the fleet.

• 2 weeks later...

We always tip the concierge if we feel he/she has given great service and is friendly. For a 7 night cruise we give $10. Not a lot, but if everyone tipped  little it adds up to a lot. Sorry to hear most people replying that they don't tip the concierge. If the concierge  ignores us we do not tip obviously. We tip the bartenders more, an average of $5 per night. Small price to pay for free drinks every night!