Celebrity Eclipse now open for bookings sailing from Melbourne

Heads UP.....

The Celebrity Eclipse, (same class as Solstice) is now open on the AU website for bookings from Melbourne....Ā  Ā  Ā šŸ™‚Ā  Ā šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 2

Bit disappointed that almost every itinerary includes a stop in Sydney.Ā  If they didn't include Sydney when visiting NZ more stops could be included, or a Tasmanian stop instead.
Sydney to NZ doesn't include Melbourne so why should Melbourne to NZ?

I do really like one of the South Pacific ones though.

Agree with the statement that they are very pricey though.Ā  I went as far as making a false booking to see if any perks were added, but it just then gave me a discounted price.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Prices seem high, suites get drink packages but don't need them as you get Michael's club so what is the point of that. Some nice itineraries though.

I know for North America, they're only showing the $300 OBC upon checkout but it can be changed to drinks by your TA.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Prices seem high, suites get drink packages but don't need them as you get Michael's club so what is the point of that. Some nice itineraries though.

Ā 

Saves you having to go to Michael's Club. More bars around the ship than just that one location. e.g. if you want an Orange juice at breakfast in Ocean view, who'd want to head down to Michael's club just for that?

Ā 

Basically if they're in a suite, they'd probably value reduced hassle against running all over the ship just to get a drink.

Edited by The_Big_M

I thought they were really expensive and noted the lack of drinks packages. Ā MainlyĀ all going to NZ, couple to Great Barrier Reef, one to pac islands and one Hobart and Adelaide, prices for the suites have gone up massively and I didnā€™t see anything that really tempted me. Ā Sad, we haveĀ two Solstice cruises coming up and I was hoping to book something but havenā€™t. Ā And yes Iā€™dĀ be doing BreckieĀ Ā in Luminae too Mic šŸ˜œ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hgwells01 said:

I thought they were really expensive and noted the lack of drinks packages. Ā MainlyĀ all going to NZ, couple to Great Barrier Reef, one to pac islands and one Hobart and Adelaide, prices for the suites have gone up massively and I didnā€™t see anything that really tempted me. Ā Sad, we haveĀ two Solstice cruises coming up and I was hoping to book something but havenā€™t. Ā And yes Iā€™dĀ be doing BreckieĀ Ā in Luminae too Mic šŸ˜œ

I will be keeping a close eye on a few cruises and watch to see if the prices drop or end up going up.

I was really disappointed to see that an inside cabin on deck 3 for the Adelaide/Tassie cruise on March 15th was dearer than my midship extended balcony cabin on the Carnival Spirit next marchĀ and the Spirit cruise is 10 nights vs 8 for the Eclipse. They seem wayyyy over priced which is a shame as Melbourne is in DESPERATE need for a great ship like this.Ā 

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Very expensive. Really puts a dampen on it. I put it on my watch list. But no need to pay OTT to sail out of Melbourne for same same ports.

Agreed, it is a flight there and back for us as well, so that makes Sydney a bit easier.

Many go to oceanview cafƩ as well, which has much longer opening hours, and more selection. Having a drinks card would be very useful then.

Ā 

As throughout the rest of the day, as many don't want to stay in just one bar the whole cruise.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Agreed, it is a flight there and back for us as well, so that makes Sydney a bit easier.

It is two flights for us to get to Sydney now that Rex has cancelled the flying test-tube for us.
Melbourne is far easier, with one flight, and I get to see my son.Ā  Now if we could get a ship based in Adelaide that would be easier again, only a 4 hour drive and more interesting for some people.

That's right, hence why drinks cards are still of benefit to many.

Ā 

I've heard the same with the nightly cocktails; some Elite members say they like those, whereas others say they are happier with the drinks cards so don't bother going to those either.