Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

Jess ... The post you copied with the name Stefania on it was the same person who replied to me when I emailed the UK office yesterday !

Threats good. Now if the USA MSC people would get their ducks in a row and send me an email to confirm as well I’ll fell much better lol. 

21 minutes ago, sportslady198 said:

I hope this applies to YC as well as when we booked and paid, we were said to have the deluxe package with gelato included!

The new YC drinks package is Premium Plus, with NO price restriction on drinks. In other words, the really high-end drinks (noted as ** on menus) which are currently not included with any package now will be included. That surely is much more of an incentive than a little gelato here and there....which can be purchased. 

24 minutes ago, jess_2012#1 said:

Now if the USA MSC people would get their ducks in a row and send me an email to confirm as well I’ll fell much better lol. 

Agreed, the response that I received stating that my Deluxe was renamed Premium was from the USA office.  Premium Plus dose not appear to be an option for my trip out of Miami. 

1 minute ago, FGJones said:

Agreed, the response that I received stating that my Deluxe was renamed Premium was from the USA office.  Premium Plus dose not appear to be an option for my trip out of Miami. 

The premium plus isn’t offered on mine either for next week out of Miami. 

3 minutes ago, FGJones said:

If you drink alcohol.

Indeed, and the alcohol is no big deal for us. My comment was based on the fact that it seems to me the vast majority on this thread are in it for good alcohol options!

5 minutes ago, jess_2012#1 said:

The premium plus isn’t offered on mine either for next week out of Miami. 

We have a cruise on Preziosa Feb 2019, out of Barbados, in the Caribbean and P+ is definitely available on that cruise. Certainly, the Preziosa Caribbean cruise does not hit USA islands or mainland but you would expect the various experiences to be identical to cruises out of Miami.

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hamrag ... Where did the information come from re the YC ?

Post #22 on the 'MSC New Drink Package and YC' thread as follows:

• Unlimited drinks with our Premium Plus drink package
  • Dedicated priority check-in and check-out
  • Butler service available 24-hours
  • Dedicated concierge 24-hours
  • Room service available 24-hours
  • Complimentary access to the Thermal Area in the MSC Aurea Spa
  • Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)
  • Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club points

This, I believe, was from the USA website. I do not yet see it on the UK website so, presumably it will show up in due course!

I think we are forgetting the biggest YC perk, at least if you are fortunate enough to get the wellness cabin!  Not gelato, not crepes, and not alcohol! It's all about butrition!

image.thumb.png.f3d61abfe885abe8220fa3ce4ac1e3a9.png

Edited by JAGR
spelling
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

I think we are forgetting the biggest YC perk, at least if you are fortunate enough to get the wellness cabin!  Not gelato, not crepes, and not alcohol! It's all about butrition!

image.thumb.png.f3d61abfe885abe8220fa3ce4ac1e3a9.png

I'm switching to YC immediately.  

Has anyone found out what the classic drink package is now. I up graded to the classic package while booking 6 months ago.

Will MSC still honor the price of the cocktails before they changed the prices. Our cruise is January 10th on the Divina

Edited by Mrearl

12 minutes ago, sidari said:

Packages booked before November 12th will be honoured as booked.

I think that is misleading people.  The Classic package as booked has a cocktail limit of $8, a wine limit of $7.50 and a beer limit of $6.50/pint and $5.50/bottle.  The new Seaside bar menu that was posted had no cocktails and one draft beer (Heineken) that met those Classic package limits as booked.  Wines were not shown, but the new Divina Eataly Marketplace bar menu was also posted and it had one "house" wine that meets the Classic package limit.  When I booked the Classic package many cocktails, beers and a few wines were within the package limits, now they are possibly not.  I have asked MSC this specific question and have not received a response.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Até said:

I think that is misleading people.  The Classic package as booked has a cocktail limit of $8, a wine limit of $7.50 and a beer limit of $6.50/pint and $5.50/bottle.  The new Seaside bar menu that was posted had no cocktails and one draft beer (Heineken) that met those Classic package limits as booked.  Wines were not shown, but the new Divina Eataly Marketplace bar menu was also posted and it had one "house" wine that meets the Classic package limit.  When I booked the Classic package many cocktails, beers and a few wines were within the package limits, now they are possibly not.  I have asked MSC this specific question and have not received a response.

I guess I will find out Sunday and will let you know.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FGJones said:

This is not being communicated to USA passengers at this time. 

It was to me from MSC USA customer service email. They told me I would receive the deluxe package as booked based on the chart they had out. 

1 hour ago, jess_2012#1 said:

How long did it take for you to get a response from the MSC USA people? 

About 26 hours for the initial email, and 40 minutes on the follow up. On Facebook for another question about 2 hours. 

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com