beds apart vs. together

When we have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past there was a way on-line to request that the beds be pushed apart or pushed together.  Is there not a way to do that now?  I don't see that option on the cruise planner.  I imagine the steward will shift whatever we ask but if there is a way to request it ahead of time and save some effort, I'd like to do that. Thanks.

They never paid much attention to it when it was offered.  If the beds aren't as you like them, leave a note (or tell the cabin attendant) and they will fix it before you go to bed.  Not a big deal at all.  Generally, if you're a "Mr. and Mrs", the bed will be together.

20 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

They never paid much attention to it when it was offered.  If the beds aren't as you like them, leave a note (or tell the cabin attendant) and they will fix it before you go to bed.  Not a big deal at all.  Generally, if you're a "Mr. and Mrs", the bed will be together.

I’ve never been persuaded they change them from how they were last cruise, and just change them if requested.

1 hour ago, kimberlym4 said:

When we have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past there was a way on-line to request that the beds be pushed apart or pushed together.  Is there not a way to do that now?  I don't see that option on the cruise planner.  I imagine the steward will shift whatever we ask but if there is a way to request it ahead of time and save some effort, I'd like to do that. Thanks.

You can no longer do it ahead of time.  The beds will be together and you can ask the room steward to separate them once onboard 

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

You can no longer do it ahead of time.  The beds will be together and you can ask the room steward to separate them once onboard 

Agree.  On a prior cruise, the Hotel Director said that 95%+ of cruisers want the beds together.  Because of the quick turnaround between cruises, they place all the beds together for convenience.  Just ask your room steward to separate the beds if this is what you want. 

Edited by Dennis#1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book through a travel agent the TA can still make those requests noted on your reservation.  It is one of the pieces of information that Royal requests TA’s enter.

And that info goes nowhere. 😉