Would we Like the Smaller Ships

ScotBrit17

On 11/11/2018 at 8:20 PM, ScotBrit17 said:

Looking for some feedback from the experienced X cruisers. We are a couple who have sailed a few times on Celebrity and always in the larger Solstice class ships. The locations we want to visit now all seem to be covered by the smaller Millennium ships (I know "smaller" is relative, they are still large ships). We are not sure if we will like these ships. Our enjoyment comes from:

Keeping ourselves to ourselves (we like to build relationship with staff but no real desire to make new friends). Don't want to keep meeting the same people in restaurants and bars.

Enjoying the tremendous food options in the buffet and always finding seats for breakfast and lunch

Get a little sun in the morning or go off to explore, have lunch and then walk around the ship for some time just enjoying the shops, bars, entertainment and activities.

After dinner have a few drinks at the Martini bar, go to the show (this is important to just walk in and easily find a seat)

Then watch the entertainment in foyer or bars before going to bed.

We are concerned that the lower number of passengers and facilities will mean less of everything on the ship which would impact our normal high enjoyment level. Appreciate if those who regularly cruise on both ship sizes can give me their thoughts on the impact that the smaller ships might have on our enjoyment.

Just to let everyone know that we have been convinced and just booked a 2019 Med cruise on Constellation. The current 50% off for second passenger and free drinks package makes it acceptable. Cost now $330 pppn for balcony cabin with flights, transfers, gratuities, classic package plus $100 OBC. Just meets our maximum cost for a cruise.

Recent posts look very positive, I am sure we will enjoy it.

5 hours ago, ScotBrit17 said:

Just to let everyone know that we have been convinced and just booked a 2019 Med cruise on Constellation. The current 50% off for second passenger and free drinks package makes it acceptable. Cost now $330 pppn for balcony cabin with flights, transfers, gratuities, classic package plus $100 OBC. Just meets our maximum cost for a cruise.

Recent posts look very positive, I am sure we will enjoy it.

Right on. 

If you really want smaller try Azamara. So much is included in the price, drinks, tips and transfers. The crew are wonderful and you stay longer in port..

The Millenium ships will all be due for a refurb to reflect ‘Edge.’ My last cruise on a Millenium ship was Infinity in 2013. There were parts of our cabin which needed renovation then, eg the sofa had a distinct lump in it and the awning on the balcony was broken..

149D0990-078C-4EC9-85BF-4E4C68A232EE.jpeg