Belize Goff’s Caye excursion cancelled?

kona_wahine

We signed up for the Belize Goff’s Caye excursion for our April cruise, and I was playing around with the carnival site and checked to see if there were any new reviews. The excursion doesn’t even show on the excursion page now. Under our excursions for our cruise there is an X before it. I was wondering if anyone else had booked the excursion and heard anything. I haven’t received a refund so don’t know if it’s truly cancelled or what. 

Are you sure you’re not confusing Goff’s Caye with Rendezvous Caye?  I’ve always had to book Goff’s Caye on my own since Carnival didn’t offer it.  If you’re under the Shore Excursion tab it should have a blue ‘1’ for the port that the excursion is booked if it’s not there it may have been canceled and it can take up to 5 business days for a credit back to your credit or debit card.  

Carnival just started offering it. 

Mine still shows up in My Activities but it does have an odd little X in front of it. Not sure why. Is this what yours looks like too?

"x_Goff's Caye Barrier Reef Snorkeling & Beach"

I dont think it means anything, but i do know it's not listed as an option on the excursions anymore because it's likely all booked. We booked it and then our friends went to book also and it was gone because it was sold out for the April 28th cruise so they had to book through someone else

Edited by KrisMP

I believe it is an excursion they offer on board only.  I had it booked for my cruise a few weeks ago, and got paranoid when it disappeared from the listing of available excursions.  I ended up cancelling it before we departed, but saw it listed on the HUB app when we were on the ship.

Yeh I think it disappears because it’s sold out. Like how FTTF disappears when it’s sold out. It’s a small island so I’m sure it’s limited 

But if you booked it, you’re good. 

Edited by KrisMP

I booked this back at the end of August for my March cruise. It seemed like a new excursion with hardly any information and no reviews. I've been trying to price match it with their shore excursion guarantee ever since with no luck. I wasn't getting rejected-- they just kept claiming they didn't receive my form. I contacted them by facebook, by phone, by email, I tried using different browsers,  I tried emailing them screenshots of my completed form. I must have filled out that form at least six times. The last person I talked to said to try the form again and lo and behold, the excursion was no longer showing up. 

I contacted them about a week ago asking whether the excursion had been cancelled. The person from eSolutions said that it looked like it had been pulled and they didn't seem to be selling it anymore on any cruises in the spring. She hesitated to tell me it was cancelled and said that when carnival did cancel it, I would receive a refund. So maybe? I looked into the rendevous caye excursion instead, but they are all sold out for the morning and I don't want an afternoon excursions.

I suppose it's possible it's sold out and the Carnival rep didn't know what she was talking about. But FTTF shows a big "sold out" and still shows the listing. I don't see it listed anymore on the shore excursion list in the shore excursion guarantee page and I feel like the x in the name x_Goff's Caye Barrier Reef Snorkeling & Beach”  is a bad sign now. If they do cancel it, I wish they would do it ASAP so I can plan something else. 

Edited by lilyhammer
typo

Interesting. We also have FTTF and it doesn’t have the X beside it. I’m thinking that X is a bad sign... and if they are going to cancel and refund, I agree, they need to do it soon so we can make other arrangements. But I do remember JH posting on FB a while back they were going to start going there again. Maybe the contract didn’t work out.

A similar thing happened to me last year for a stingray excursion in cayman islands.  I had a booked excursion and later noticed that they had removed it from their website.  I emailed them a few times and they kept telling me that it was still an excursion. Weeks later (without informing me), I looked at my booked excursions and they had changed my original one to a different stingray excursion.  The new one was more expensive, but they did not charge me more.  We ended up having a great time, but I felt that they should have notified me of the change. 

I have an upcoming cruise to Belize (April) and booked Goff's Caye through a third party.  I did check the Carnival site and they had added it, but it has since been removed. I'm curious to know what happened.

Edited by wens

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed this excursion has reappeared on the shore excursions website for my cruise. It's severely lacking in information, so perhaps they have found a new vendor, but not worked out any details yet. Mine still has an x next to the name, but I think this is a promising sign. Anybody else see the same thing?

Wow you’re right. It appeared in our cruise’s activities for people to book now too. It wasn’t there before. But you’re right, there’s no pic for it. I’m sailing on the Vista April 28th. Is that the same as you all?

Interestingly enough tho... our other friend that booked this with us took a screen shot of it listed in activities way back when we booked it (he wanted to send it to his gf showing her what he booked) and the x was there way back then. He showed me. So I have no idea what it means!! 

• 10 months later...

I did Goff's Caye many years ago as a Carnival excursion.  It is an extremely small spit of sand that barely rises above sea level, maybe 50 by 10 to 20 yards across?

Being so small, I imagine it is capacity controlled.  The excursion may be offered, filled to capacity and shut down, and later re-offered if someone cancels.  I went in a small boat with maybe 40 pax on board.  Don't think a second tour boat docked until we were leaving.