Disembarkation in Buenos Aires

The-Inside-Cabin

We start our first Seabourn Cruise in Lima on 19 Nov on the Quest and end up in Buenos Aires on 20 Dec.   

Once we arrive in BA we are in no hurry to get off the ship and would prefer to sleep until 8AM and leave the ship around 10 AM.   Is this realistic or will we be asked to vacate our cabin by 8am and hang out in a common area until our group is called.   Is normal room service avail the morning of disembarkation?    There will be 4 of us traveling with a total of 8 bags.   Will vans taxis be available at the terminal or should we arrange for something in advance?

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

You will definitely be asked to leave your suite by 8AM but you can hang out in Seabourn Square for an hour or two. We arranged for a car service to take us our BA hotel - given your luggage issue I would suggest booking a car service as well. Can’t help room service as we don’t usually order breakfast in.

Room service is available on the last morning, but I am afraid that you will be required to leave your suite by 8.a.m.   I have often seen people (when we were on a back to back) sitting in the Square until at least 10 a.m., no doubt they had asked for and been given permission to do so.  My suggestion would be not to have room service, apart from early morning tea or coffee, but to have a leisurely breakfast in the restaurant  or Colonnade,  having arranged to leave the ship at around 10.  Breakfast is served until (I think) about 9.

You will want to arrange transportation as vans will not be sitting outside the terminal.  I don't recommend the taxis that sit out there either even if there were just two of you.  You'll want to make your own arrangements for transportation.

Keith

It is correct that Seabourn like passengers to disembark  by 9.30. but on more than one occasion when we have been staying on for the next cruise  we have chatted to disembarkers who wished to stay aboard longer, and had asked if this was possible.  They and their luggage were in the Square, and had no problems.  But obviously it is only courteous to ask if a later departure is possible.  And breakfast does go on long enough for you to have it in a leisurely fashion.