EZAir/Plane Sailing Seat Requests

colville2002

We booked our flights as a package with Princess, Plane Sailing I think they call it for us in the UK.  I can request seats through the cruise personalizer (for the long haul element, not the local connecting flight) but they are not guaranteed - does anyone in the UK have experience of using this and did you get the seats requested?

11 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

You can usually book anytime before by paying for the seats.  No status needed, just money.  :classic_happy:

Some airlines do not allow this when booked through EZ Air. There is no access to purchase seats.

Lufthansa for example requires you to wait until 24 hours prior to booking for any seat consideration unless one books business/first.

In my experience this applies to USA/Europe/UK etc as well.

We have family in the UK and Scotland that have booked this way before.

Some allow it some don't.

We booked EZAir for a Mediterranean Cruise for 8/19. Flying Air Canada there and Air France back in business class. I was able to reserve the seats I wanted on all legs. 

Edited by brt49
Wrong date.
  • Like 1

Going to Singapore return Rome March-April 2019 

Booked Ezair, economy air canada, Cathay pacific, return British air, I was able to book preferred seat (bulk head with more leg room) on all flights as soon as I paid for them. 

Agreed, it is airline dependant, 

4 minutes ago, mrandmrsdd said:

Going to Singapore return Rome March-April 2019 

Booked Ezair, economy air canada, Cathay pacific, return British air, I was able to book preferred seat (bulk head with more leg room) on all flights as soon as I paid for them. 

Agreed, it is airline dependant, 

Thats interesting. BA is one of the worst as far as seat assignments and we have never been able to get any seat assignment paid or otherwise in economy prior to the 24 hour before flight window, with or without paid EZ Air.

Glad it worked for you.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Some airlines do not allow this when booked through EZ Air. There is no access to purchase seats.

Lufthansa for example requires you to wait until 24 hours prior to booking for any seat consideration unless one books business/first.

In my experience this applies to USA/Europe/UK etc as well.

We have family in the UK and Scotland that have booked this way before.

Some allow it some don't.

I told the OP to go to the airline's website with the record locater # to buy seats, not through EZ Air.  Some shorter flights won't allow you to do that ahead of time but the long flights will especially on BA.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Just now, DrivesLikeMario said:

I told the OP to go to the airline's website with the record locater # to buy seats, not through EZ Air. 

Not talking about buying them through EZ Air.  I am talking about through the airline.

We have had no luck as I stated in the comments I made in my above post.

I have no problem getting the aisle seat on exit row as desired.  BA / AA/ One World let's me do it on their websites using my frequent flyer # -- United / Delta others let me do it within EZAir. But if not a one world member then it must be paid 1st 

On 11/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, colville2002 said:

We booked our flights as a package with Princess, Plane Sailing I think they call it for us in the UK.  I can request seats through the cruise personalizer (for the long haul element, not the local connecting flight) but they are not guaranteed - does anyone in the UK have experience of using this and did you get the seats requested?

Can you confirm on their website? Mine say "not guaranteed" but I can confirm on airline site (in USA)

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

I have no problem getting the aisle seat on exit row as desired.  BA / AA/ One World let's me do it on their websites using my frequent flyer # -- United / Delta others let me do it within EZAir. But if not a one world member then it must be paid 1st 

Have never been able to paid or not. 

OP said flight # is American but the actual flight is operated by BA.

BA is like Lufthansa and don't allow seat selection in economy until 24 hours prior.

Like I said I hope the OP can get them.

this is frustrating. I posted that 2X so went in a modified one and lost both. Not used to cc on droid I guess

Does BA let me bc of my status? Is it different if flight originates in US. Don't know. Do know that although I prefer BA to United, United is easier to reserve seats with. I've actually now reserved my seats for the next 3 cruises although I've only paid for 1

35 minutes ago, Ombud said:

this is frustrating. I posted that 2X so went in a modified one and lost both. Not used to cc on droid I guess

Does BA let me bc of my status? Is it different if flight originates in US. Don't know. Do know that although I prefer BA to United, United is easier to reserve seats with. I've actually now reserved my seats for the next 3 cruises although I've only paid for 1

May be because of status.  

Finally got around to checking the BA site again, I can pay to select seats for the domestic flight but seats are only available at check-in (24 hours) for the international leg.  This correlates with Princess where I can't make a request for the domestic flight but can for the international so between the two systems I could request seats for all of the flights.

• Like 1