Bed Preference

When did they stop requests for bed preferences? First you can no longer make any preferences on line and have to call in and then I find out you have to wait until you get there ??  Does not make any sense sine they have to make up the rooms prior to your arrival in the first place only to have to change it.

5 minutes ago, Cruisin4aTan said:

When did they stop requests for bed preferences? First you can no longer make any preferences on line and have to call in and then I find out you have to wait until you get there ??  Does not make any sense sine they have to make up the rooms prior to your arrival in the first place only to have to change it.

If you don't like the way the beds are when you arrive, just tell your cabin steward and it will be taken care of during first night's turndown service.

It does seem more efficient to have the preference noted in your reservation, but then you have to get someone to distribute that information to all the individual room attendants, and we all know how incompetent the RCI tech department is at making things that work....

I am thinking that since they have so much to do on turnaround day, this is one  task that doesn't need to be done during that time frame.  As Merion Mom it can be done during turndown service, where they are less busy.

My Big Box travel agent reservation form has a mandatory bed configuration selection.  You cannot proceed with the reservation, whether online or with a customer service rep, unless to choose the way you want the beds.  If you use a travel agent, make sure they record your choice when you book.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

My Big Box travel agent reservation form has a mandatory bed configuration selection.  You cannot proceed with the reservation, whether online or with a customer service rep, unless to choose the way you want the beds.  If you use a travel agent, make sure they record your choice when you book.

IME at the end of the day it doesn´t matter what´s noted in the reservation, the bed will be set up the default way and not the way you noted on the reservation.

Not a big deal anyway, as it´s just done at turndown service.

I do think though it´s added work for the cabin attendants, more costly, as they have loads of additional laundry and last but not least not very environmental friendly, as loads of laundry are wasted.

7 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

IME at the end of the day it doesn´t matter what´s noted in the reservation, the bed will be set up the default way and not the way you noted on the reservation.

Not a big deal anyway, as it´s just done at turndown service.

I do think though it´s added work for the cabin attendants, more costly, as they have loads of additional laundry and last but not least not very environmental friendly, as loads of laundry are wasted.

We have had different experiences.  Our bed is always made up the way it was requested on our reservation.  As a matter of fact, our last cruise a few weeks ago was a "cheapie relaxation" cruise, a small inside cabin, and the cabin steward apologized for not having the beds separated, and that he would take care of it.  The right side of the bed had no room to walk through, as the bed and corner of the desk abutted each other.  We said, "no, no, no, just leave them together".  I got very good at the lay-down-lift-the-legs-90 degree-turn thing.  HA!