Bliss Panama Canal

noeldog

Hi:

I am looking at booking the Bliss for a Panama Canal transit in 2020 out of New York. What would be the best choice of cabins, balcony on side of ship or an aft balcony? and if aft is deck 9 beter than say deck 12 or is it too low to view going through canal

Having been on the Bliss for the inaugural Panama Canal crossing, 5/18, I wish we had booked the aft. The aft is great for the rest of the trip as well. We were all over the ship during the locks and Gatun lake. It is fascinating no matter where you watch. The narration is great and enhances the experience. It is beautiful and relaxing and educational all at once. What a thrill. We had a side facing balcony towards the aft. If you don’t book the aft, deck 8 aft is a great viewing place for the locks. It’s all good, no matter what you choose. Happy sailing!

• 3 months later...

I am looking to book a PC one as well - looking at LA to MIA in 2020. First time on NCL so I am totally new to all the NCL lingo! We do like aft locations so hopefully my TA can find a good one for me as I switch the one I had booked this fall to next fall. 

Any advice to a newbie NCL cruiser would be great!