Is the wine package gone?

XLVIII

I haven't been able to get into any of my bookings for about three days now.  Logging in to a specific booking gets me to the Enhance your cruise pages, but specialty restaurants and beverage packages are not functioning.  Hopefully they're making this beverage package blunder more clear.  I expect the wine packages to remain available after they figure this out.

On my bookings I can get in to restaurant and beverage packages, but the wine package is no longer listed. I can see other items (the new beverage packages, boy voyage package, fruits in cabin etc), but no wine package. Hoping you're correct!

I also get the restaurant/beverage packages.  Currently they are described as  -

Easy Package- for drinks up to $6.($245 /adult for 7 day cruise.

Premium Package -drinks up to $10($329/adult) and

Premium Plus- unlimited drinks and 30% off bottles of wine. $434/adult. Every person in cabin must purchase drink package. Children 3-18 must purchase Child drink package if in same cabin.

2 minutes ago, phissy said:

I also get the restaurant/beverage packages.  Currently they are described as  -

Easy Package- for drinks up to $6.($245 /adult for 7 day cruise.

Premium Package -drinks up to $10($329/adult) and

Premium Plus- unlimited drinks and 30% off bottles of wine. $434/adult...

Hmm...  The last I saw, the Easy package just said "selected" with no dollar amounts mentioned and Premium had a $12 limit.  Perhaps some changes are happening.  I'll think I'll still be okay if my Classic gets moved to Premium at $10, better check the new bar menu prices....

After a quick check that looks like a good solution.  A $10 limit eliminates the Premium cocktails and most Super Premium liquors, but would include all the old Classic choices plus a couple super-premium liquors.  Hopefully they would just move Classic to that dollar $10 amount Premium package.  Sure a $12 Premium would be better, but this would be good enough.  Phissy, can you send a screen shot of what you are seeing?

ETA:  Oh my, a $10 limit for past Classic and Premium would actually give a choice of a decent Tequila, Don Julio Reposado. Come on MSC, you can do this....

Edited by Até

Well... Drinks packages have been absent from the Portuguese page for quite a while now. No comments on what they're doing now. If too many complaints have been received they'd have all this "mess" sent arguably for revision...

Meanwhile related to the wine and other limited packages, industry wise and not MSC specific as per my own experience they can vary largely ship by ship and even sailing by sailing in same ship, basically with 2 variables in mind: Items availability and cruisers demographics. On one of my cruises they were clearly offering wine and beer packages, on another with a large contingent from such some Nordic countries teen ballet schools they were clearly investing on the non alcoholic vouchers. They will also surely to have some "hidden" offerings you'll only notice on the ship itself if you ask your servers for them. There is generally that "special" or the other...

Have a nice day and nice sailings!... 🙂

This is for 8 day Western Med. Meriviglia cruise.   (can't believe it worked, I am not computer savvy) #proudofmyself

Noticed that the price does not have USD Dollar sign.  May be in Euros, although not specified.

Edited by phissy
addition

Many thanks Phissy for the insight!... 🙂 Meanwhile: Gelato on the Meraviglia is from Jean Maurie which has never been included on every package from that particular ship beginning. Wondering what they mean by "soft serve" ice cream now included? That has always been included on your basic fare in small cups both in the MDR and the buffet! At least wonderful that they now have a non alcoholic version for adults that seems quite reasonably priced. I hope they offer it for all markets!... Prices seem to be in USD even though the symbol sometimes seems strange for me. Have a nice day!... 🙂

Edited by Nunagoras
Correct language mistakes.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

This is for 8 day Western Med. Meriviglia cruise.   (can't believe it worked, I am not computer savvy) #proudofmyself

Noticed that the price does not have USD Dollar sign.  May be in Euros, although not specified.

Thanks!  I think that could be referring to the drink's which will be priced in Euro.  But it is something new that Easy now has a price limit assigned to it.  Perhaps it's a good sign they have left the currency out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Até said:

Thanks!  I think that could be referring to the drink's which will be priced in Euro.  But it is something new that Easy now has a price limit assigned to it.  Perhaps it's a good sign they have left the currency out.

Oh! Yes! The package price for the client is priced in USD once he is purchasing from the US, but 6 or 10 means the ship's currency limits for individual drinks, then the EUR, exactly, so they have left the currency "hidden". Many thanks for the observation!... 🙂 Have a nice day!... 🙂