Need help with Cruise line site redirecting me to UK

As you are using Edge, i presume you are also using Windows 10.

This is a set of instructions which may help find the naughty bit:

How to control location settings

Windows location settings give you control over whether Windows features can access your device’s location and which Windows apps can use your device’s location and location history information. To check your location settings, go to Settings  > Privacy > Location.

To clear location history, either restart your device, or go to Settings  > Privacy > Location, and under Location history, select Clear. Clearing the location history only clears the history on the device. Apps that accessed the history before it was cleared may have stored it elsewhere. Refer to your apps’ privacy policies for more info.

To clear location history that’s been stored in the cloud and is associated with your Microsoft account, go to account.microsoft.com, and make sure you’re signed in to your account. Select Clear location activity, and then select Clear.

aliababacruisers - really having troubling trying to work out what the problem could possibly be for you, no matter what combination of Cunard I search for it takes me to Cunard.com.au 🤔 go figure?? 

What area of the world are you considering cruising with Cunard in and how are you searching for the itineraries, if you can’t search in Cunard.au?

Rose

15 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Hi Steve,  I tried both clocking on the link and copy and paste, both of which yielded the same result - UK site.  Thanks for trying.

Hi Barbara,

I wish I could be more help. I'm still using a 'vintage' Windows XP system on our computer, I usually find it has many advantages, quite a few disadvantages too though. I hope you can find a cruise, somehow!

Steve.

21 hours ago, Docker123 said:

As you are using Edge, i presume you are also using Windows 10.

This is a set of instructions which may help find the naughty bit:

How to control location settings

Windows location settings give you control over whether Windows features can access your device’s location and which Windows apps can use your device’s location and location history information. To check your location settings, go to Settings  > Privacy > Location.

To clear location history, either restart your device, or go to Settings  > Privacy > Location, and under Location history, select Clear. Clearing the location history only clears the history on the device. Apps that accessed the history before it was cleared may have stored it elsewhere. Refer to your apps’ privacy policies for more info.

To clear location history that’s been stored in the cloud and is associated with your Microsoft account, go to account.microsoft.com, and make sure you’re signed in to your account. Select Clear location activity, and then select Clear.

I did both of those things and my location on my computer has always said and still is Australia, which is what it should be.

That is one of the things that I first thought too ...is that the location of my computer was "off", but it was correct.  Then I just could not understand why only one site would think I am in UK and all others knew I was in Australia.

The Australia Cunard site still redirects to UK.  I just don't get it!  Cunard Australia site is the ONLY site that does this!  I can access all others as usual.  Other cruise lines for Australia (P&O Australia for example) come up with the Australia site and does not redirect to UK...only Cunard.  I have emailed Cunard several times and am waiting for suggestions from them. 

I also contacted Microsoft via live chat to see if they could help, but were of no help whatsoever.

I am not actively trying to book a cruise.  It is just part of my daily routine to check the site and see what is available or check pricing, etc.  That is how I found this mess to start with.  It seems the only way to book future cruises with Cunard (Australia) is I would have to call.  (I usually book via the Cunard Australia site).  I still may contact Cunard Australia and see what they say.

So once again, thank you to all who have contributed to trying to help me...you are so great!

Edited by alibabacruisers

13 hours ago, Porky55 said:

aliababacruisers - really having troubling trying to work out what the problem could possibly be for you, no matter what combination of Cunard I search for it takes me to Cunard.com.au 🤔 go figure?? 

What area of the world are you considering cruising with Cunard in and how are you searching for the itineraries, if you can’t search in Cunard.au?

Rose

Hi Rose,

That is great for you.  At the moment, I just look at cruise agent sites, the UK site, etc to check for ideas, pricing, etc.  Not looking actively for any specific cruise at the moment, as I have one booked already for next year.  That is the one plus at the moment...that I am not desperate to find a specific cruise at the moment.

I was thinking yesterday, if I did find one, the only option I would have, if I wanted to book directly with Cunard, is I would have to call them, which would be a first.

9 hours ago, Gnomey said:

Hi Barbara,

I wish I could be more help. I'm still using a 'vintage' Windows XP system on our computer, I usually find it has many advantages, quite a few disadvantages too though. I hope you can find a cruise, somehow!

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Whoa, XP!  I used to have that, but had to change because of a game site I play on was a mess and did not get supported by XP.  As you say, the disadvantages were stacking up compared to the advantages. 

Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have now fixed the problem and can access Cunard Australia like I used to!  After receiving all of the helpful suggestions, for which I am very thankful, my problem has been resolved by turning my modem off/on.  I don't understand why it worked, but am just glad it did!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP!!!