San Pedro Port

bjay3

9 hours ago, bjay3 said:

Are there usually lots of taxis at the port when the ships come in or should I pre-book super shuttle?

Thanks

Usually the shuttles will make several stops at LAX before it reaches your terminal unless you are going to terminal 1.  We stopped taking shuttles years ago and wouldn't take one if it were free.

The choice for us is ontime1.com.  Reasonable and very clean and always on time.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:55 PM, Husky61 said:

Usually the shuttles will make several stops at LAX before it reaches your terminal unless you are going to terminal 1.  We stopped taking shuttles years ago and wouldn't take one if it were free.

Not questioning your choice. Your preference  is to sit in a airport waiting area with several thousand rather than a van with maybe 8 other people?

23 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

Not questioning your choice. Your preference  is to sit in a airport waiting area with several thousand rather than a van with maybe 8 other people?

As I said, I don't take shuttles nor do I sit in an airport waiting area with several thousand other travelers.  I take a town car or limo to the airport, and then wait for my flight in one of the airlines lounges where I am a member.

So what you said is not my preference, but quite the opposite.🙂

• 2 months later...

Hello Cruisers! 

I heard different answers re: bringing prescription medication on board - whether to put them in the original bottle it came in, or we can just bring the pill box.

Any experience with Ruby?  Thanks guys!  One more week!!!  Cannot wait!

This is not exactly a related question,  but has been discussed on Cruise Critic extensively.  If you are not transporting serious pain killers, narcotics or opioids or similar,  you will probably  be fine without the original  bottle.

Most importantly,  it is ABSOLUTELY NOT the ship involved,  it is Immigration and Customs who will ruin your day. Not sure why people are worried about the ship, and not the actual law enforcement people. 

Can any experienced San Pedro port people tell us what happens when our Princess Star ship arrives at berth 46 at San Pedro...is there a bus to take us to the World Cruise Centre (berth 92)  and if so does it take ages for everyone to get on? We have a shuttle booked from World Cruise Centre 

Thanks

Rod and BArry

Edited by Rodbarry

On 11/18/2018 at 12:39 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Where are you going to? I wouldn't taxi to LAX, I would SuperShuttle or execucar.

From LAX to hotel:

Three weeks ago we used Super Shuttle.  Just walked up to the kiosk outside of the baggage claim area (sign says they welcome walk-ups but they do prefer reservations) and talked to the agent there.  Waited for about 20 minutes for a shuttle and after about 30 minutes and one stop, we were at the DoubleTree.  Nice driver and clean shuttles.  

Would recommend them if you are not in a big hurry.

Edited by DaveOKC