Indy/Navigator versus Anthem

MrsHFQ

Have just seen that Anthem is sailing out of Southampton in 2020. We have only ever sailed on Indy and Navigator and love both ships. What would we particularly notice as very different about Anthem? What are good/bad points if you compare Anthem to the Indy or Navigator?

1 minute ago, MrsHFQ said:

Have just seen that Anthem is sailing out of Southampton in 2020. We have only ever sailed on Indy and Navigator and love both ships. What would we particularly notice as very different about Anthem? What are good/bad points if you compare Anthem to the Indy or Navigator?

I've sailed on all 3 ships and love them all.  That said I would give Anthem a go as it (Quantum and Ovation as well) is unlike any other RCCL ship.  Gorgeous decor, much better bathrooms in standard cabins, tons of dining options and great entertainment.  Also has 2 indoor pool areas (huge, beautiful Solarium and a family pool area) which would be great when sailing from Southampton.

I can't speak on the Navigator, as I won't board her until Friday, but on Independence and other earlier royal Caribbean ships, I found their rooms to be more square.  Anthem's rooms (at least the balcony room) I noticed were longer but skinnier than other ships.  At first, I thought it was less space, but over the 9 nights I was on her, I realized that it was a pretty good use of space and gave an illusion of more space really.

The seaplex is pretty unique.

The Royal Esplanade is two floors, unlike the promenade which is one.  In my opinion, the Royal Esplanade feels more like a mall than the Promenade does, but just by a little.

If you book now then there is much more choice of special and quirky and good value cabins on Independence.  Aft balcony, forward balcony with forward view, ultra spacious interior or ocean view, promenade view, panoramic ocean view (1864 especially).

Anthem doesn’t seem to have much of this except for the spacious ocean views at the front and the loft suites at the back.