Schplinky

6 hours ago, Schplinky said:

Does anyone know about the cabanas at the pool?  We are wondering:

• how you reserve them
  • how much they cost
  • how many people one will accommodate
  • any inclusions.

This is from my Cruise Planner which is in CAD $

1382362545_ScreenShot2018-11-23at7_24_39PM.thumb.jpg.bf7f26d2b6058fcd81288de0fec650d6.jpg

882010244_ScreenShot2018-11-23at7_24_58PM.thumb.jpg.2a3b2ff09ce564a3189cae4a134da43c.jpg

Cabana's include

Overview

It’s the perfect escape – within your vacation escape. Once you’re comfortably settled in, your Cabana Attendant helps make your time even more special. Some of the pleasures include:

• Four bottles of large Evian water

• Selection of six chilled beers

• Unlimited soft drinks

• Fresh fruit skewers

• Evian facial spray

• Ice cold towels

• Cabana food menu

• Choice of one of the following - Grey Goose Vodka, Veuve Cliquot Rosé Champagne, Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay

• Special beverage menu*

Edited to add hours are from 9AM to 6PM

Edited by LouTheGlue

Looks like the ones for 2 are cozy ...much of the  cost is for alcohol but for non drinkers or with the alc package it seems unnecessary..

We are going to pass on it for our first EDGE cruise and see how folks like it

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Looks like the ones for 2 are cozy ...much of the  cost is for alcohol but for non drinkers or with the alc package it seems unnecessary..

We are going to pass on it for our first EDGE cruise and see how folks like it

Yes, I am reluctant to book this blindly without a visual to see what the seating actually looks like and difference of full vs. half cabana. Also want to know if there are any lounge chairs included within the cabana. They don't appear in the rendering. Now I know in other renderings I've seen there is some sort of seating area in front of this across the walkway set behind the main lounge chair area. What's not clear is if that area is part of the cabana or not.

We'll be waiting to hear back...

The photo  perspectives are hard to figure out..

Would not want to share with folks we don't know.. OK with  friends or roll call members.. Wonder what  we could have instead of the alcohol?

That’s from my video. The area will be roped off for non-cabana guests. It’s is sectionedniff and numbered, so even though one section has sofas back to back, they are still in the same cabana.  Here’s the link to the video I uploaded. https://youtu.be/IsB5qe2yYiY Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Edited by luckylissette

1 hour ago, mit429 said:

my only question is that the deck plans and the look of the area make it seem like there is a walkway between the water and the cabana ... or is that roped off?

I believe it is a thruway. It’s kind of necessary since the cabanas take up that whole side of the pool deck. Without it you would have to walk directly through the main pool area which can get very congested at times. That walkway was another reason I was hesitant to book one of these. Additionally you have to walk out and around the cabana area if you are renting one in order to get to the pool since they all face outward to the sea. I think cabanas by the pool are a great idea but these seem to be more form over function.

Edited by WonderMan3

Can I just check that I am reading this right as hubby has nearly passed out when I told him the price.

Just double checking that the prices above for 2 are per person -- and 'from' that price.

We were thinking of treating ourselves on our anniversary cruise but it may be cheaper to use the money more wisely.

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Can I just check that I am reading this right as hubby has nearly passed out when I told him the price.

Just double checking that the prices above for 2 are per person -- and 'from' that price.

We were thinking of treating ourselves on our anniversary cruise but it may be cheaper to use the money more wisely.

Per cabana or half cabana, not per person.

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Expensive yes, but as a special treat for our 25th it may be worth looking at. Thanks for that info 🙂

Any idea how you book it as we have looked on our Cruise Planner and there is nothing on there.

It just showed up in mine the other day. It's under Dining. If your sailing is further out then maybe it won't show up yet.

11 hours ago, luckylissette said:

That’s from my video. The area will be roped off for non-cabana guests. It’s is sectionedniff and numbered, so even though one section has sofas back to back, they are still in the same cabana.  Here’s the link to the video I uploaded. https://youtu.be/IsB5qe2yYiY Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks for the video.

Did a staff member say the pathway would be roped off, or did you see the rope?

I changed my full cabana reservation to half after seeing it in person. The full one seems like too much for 2 ( money and size) unless you’ve got friends onboard to share.  It will be fun to try the half one. I will ask the restaurant manager about the ropes - if so, then the two chairs opposite would be available as well. The cabana across from the MC doesn’t have the chairs because if the doorway. I think it is number 2. Number 3 and 4 are the ones divided in half. 

Im calling him back about a couple of other things since he gave me his card. I’ll ask about the ropes- it does make sense since it would be a constant parade of people who would be asking about the cabanas. If you have other questions let me know - I’ll be onboard until Thursday and then back on Saturday. 

6FC9A200-798A-4BAF-8924-B5E35B2E299D.thumb.jpeg.6d99607b202a30dbb025b3a8bcf27deb.jpeg39B764D2-C3B5-43EE-B342-2265E7C121EE.thumb.jpeg.1da06857963ae9f1f806819673b31cf5.jpeg118E9974-7588-4B5A-97A2-DC7F2691534E.thumb.jpeg.98357069cc6935f582850648ae5cf84d.jpeg5D36CD22-E24E-4340-AD31-09F76B86F66E.thumb.jpeg.ffb31b7c7793f36e1d152eee2bfa0cab.jpeg

23 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Per cabana or half cabana, not per person.

It's per cabana. I didn't see anything on the paperwork I saw about half cabanas, but I saw that they were $400 per day per cabana. I guess if you're going to reserve an Infinite veranda suite, getting a cabana as opposed to access into The Retreat would be a cheaper option.

1 hour ago, luckylissette said:

It's per cabana. I didn't see anything on the paperwork I saw about half cabanas, but I saw that they were $400 per day per cabana. I guess if you're going to reserve an Infinite veranda suite, getting a cabana as opposed to access into The Retreat would be a cheaper option.

Yup, I was aware. I was just answering the other poster’s question about whether it was a per cabana (or half cabana) price vs. a per person price.

• Like 1

I wonder how cabana numbers are assigned and if we are able to request a specific number (and through whom). We are traveling with friends and the two chairs would be handy - but I noticed above #2 does not have them so that leaves the full cabanas with window chairs as #1, 5 and 6. 

If it is like the Alcoves there is a manager that you could see upon boarding and make your request. I made my request Sunday for next Sunday’s ressie (the restaurant manager was hanging out answering questions).

Edited by vtcruising

i emailed Lazar and asked  about the  blocking off of the walkway when someone is in a cabana and asked other questions as well:

The cabanas will be blocked on both sides/entrances, so people will not be walking trough Are the 2 chairs across from the cabanas part of the cabana or are they for anyone to use? This is correct, they are part of set up if you want them to be.

they are open 9-6  -cabana food available until 3.

The menus were in the cabanas:

7A12A1B2-D15A-40A4-BD47-35F6A5D89CF2.thumb.jpeg.65e7d3627fbb38dafe3c5dc8169770f9.jpeg

FADA636D-1419-4990-97C0-DA9CBEEA8039.thumb.jpeg.21129b2177233817e57547e41350373d.jpeg

C57AFBCA-B8D8-4E60-90F0-9B78E3346EAF.thumb.jpeg.b9fba336e43822f0ff64532a2999a8f2.jpegJ

8F59B687-7D59-4293-B75B-D3FC3BFF32A0.thumb.jpeg.f7ee8f277fa14e045a9fdc3f5d2918d9.jpeg

788E181C-AACB-4285-B64D-FEA8F54CFC28.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising