Mini Suite Under Pool/Buffet - Jewel Class Ships

Rebels82

I am looking at the Pearl but there are only 3 mini suites left....11526 which looks like it is under the Fitness Center and 11124 and 11126 which looks like they are under the Buffet.

Have any of you stayed in any of these 3 cabins or any others that were under the pool/buffet?  I am concerned about noise. Thanks!

We stayed in 11120 on Pearl last March. The location suited us very well and we had no noise issues. We have stayed in mini-suites on Jade and Gem also but farther forward on the starboard side also with no issues.

I would be concerned about port side cabins forward under the gym and aft under the buffet galley. Other cabins seem to be fine.

Funny, Texastennis, you should mention the mini suites forward. We were just on the Jade in cabin 11016 and it was great. However, we know what happened last week to the Jade. I love those forward but the ship/week we are looking at does not have any available.

Rebels82 I couldn't agree more. On Jade we had 11028 and on Gem we had 11022. We loved being so close to the forward elevators. They made the cabin ultra convenient for what we enjoy. 

11120 is under a heavy traffic area of the buffet. We had no sound issues at all. My concern about the galley area on the port side has to do with heavy carts rolling on hard surfaces above. I don't know if this is a real issue but it is the reason we have avoided the port side aft. zqvol does their usual drive by, making a statement but providing no insight into why, so take that for what it's worth.

We've stayed under the buffet on the Gem a few years ago. Worst 7 days ever, carts were rolling back and forth all night long with loud noises. We go to bed late too, so it was in the middle of the night, I would go with the fitness center location. We called and called and it never got better. We've never had an issue before in any other rooms or locations. 

4 of us sailed on the Dawn under the pool deck, only 1 person heard the chairs moving (I now sleep with headphones and can sleep through anything 🙂 )

Like food, noise is subjective, if you are a light sleeper I wouldn't choose under the fitness center or under the buffet, if you are not as bothered by noise, I would go with under the fitness center - less crowded, less wheeled equipment