Harmony & Me Live - Eastern 11/25 to 12/2

h20skibum

The cabin - This was the first time we booked anything larger than a balcony cabin.  Our Junior Suite was spacious, but maybe that just seems that way after having smaller cabins. 

We liked the walk in closet, which had plenty of space. We also liked the larger bath, which had a tub.  We were not great fans of the tub. It was smaller than a normal tub, and the base of it was at a different elevation than the floor. There was only a half door, and water tended to run on the floor. 

Enjoyed the larger balcony on the hump. In the cabin, there were plenty of outlets and USB ports.  We never needed more than we had. 

Next - shows

On 12/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, bandjwayne said:

Do you remember which pier you docked on in San Juan?  I thought there was a couple of options & am curious if you were at the one closest to Old San Juan.

thanks!

We were on the western side of this pier https://www.google.com/maps/place/18°27'42.6"N+66°06'41.8"W/@18.461824,-66.1123827,518m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d18.4618241!4d-66.1116155

UGH - since CruiseCritic redid things for the Forums, I can't figure out how to search this thread (which before we could do with a click on "search this thread" tool) - doesn't appear to be an option any more. So at the risk of repeating a question that was already answered, could someone tell me whether we will get complimentary WOW bands, or if we have to purchase them? TIA.

4 hours ago, JMTtor said:

could someone tell me whether we will get complimentary WOW bands, or if we have to purchase them? TIA.

For Junior Suite and higher, they are complimentary.   Others will pay $5 if they want one.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JMTtor said:

UGH - since CruiseCritic redid things for the Forums, I can't figure out how to search this thread (which before we could do with a click on "search this thread" tool) - doesn't appear to be an option any more. So at the risk of repeating a question that was already answered, could someone tell me whether we will get complimentary WOW bands, or if we have to purchase them? TIA.

There is a "Search" field at the upper right side of the page.  Click in the blank field to get search options.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

There is a "Search" field at the upper right side of the page.  Click in the blank field to get search options.

Not so on either my Mac or my iPhone. Clicking in the search field brings up only “Search ships, destinations, etc.” And clicking in the lower search field has either “content” or “member” options. Clicking through the content options has NO “thread” reference anywhere that I could find - or if it’s there, it’s not clear how to get to it. 

Having a “search this thread” dropdown was clear and easy. Why take that away? 

8715CC29-8CEB-451E-A867-655E2C26F710.jpeg

0D4F3823-AABD-4404-A4B5-0459818584B2.jpeg

Edited by JMTtor
Added photo

Shows- Our two favorite shows were Grease and Columbus. Compared to the shows on the other Oasis Class ships, Grease was far better. Maybe because it was shorter, or the production was more to our liking, but this is the first we stayed for the entire show.

As for the water shows, both the Fine Line and Hideaway Heist had great performers, but the music score and choreography was just bizarre.

The ice show was similar to the one we just saw on Allure in March.  They are always good to see if you have never been to one.

I did film a couple of periscopes of portions of the shows.  Here are the links if anyone is interested in seeing.

The Fine Line

https://www.pscp.tv/w/buIlDTEzNzU1Mzc5fDFtbnhlT0RtTnZBR1jfDJX7OaNnf2PiyDz_K1FSlmrOptjkFLUhobq7xlgvkQ==

Hideaway Heist

https://www.pscp.tv/w/buIkxjEzNzU1Mzc5fDFPeUpBeVJ6TVJuSmJ4AQKsH9bFMx8iX83J3SzmeOeGxEjQbsHJ4E7S2tmnWg==

Next - wrapup and more periscope links

Edited by h20skibum

Wrapup - other than the problems with needing to visit guest services so often, it was an enjoyable cruise.  It may be a while before we are back on an Oasis Class ship. We are on smaller ships for the next two cruises, and there is not much more we want to see in the Caribbean.  We have Europe coming up in 2019, then we will be looking at Australia, Alaska, and other areas for 2020 and beyond. 

Here are a few more periscopes of the activities, if anyone is interested in a few short clips. 

Sail away party

https://www.pscp.tv/w/buIlRjEzNzU1Mzc5fDF5TkdhT3lEb2pEeGqscDWLlzdFYbfJ_k8ee19Xzi-coBVeCbFHzE16d5EVKg==

Sea day pool deck

https://www.pscp.tv/w/buIlgjEzNzU1Mzc5fDFCUkpqWE9sd0FOS3ea7favWe3Iiged5VVtQq8iafWcYOIwW2JCcKXSNecGeg==

Farewell parade

https://www.pscp.tv/w/buGc3TEzNzU1Mzc5fDFqTUpnT2F5d21PSkwhR-KJB9fPcSiJ0daU7F9q6kXBtR7kbYrXfp10VZBVcw==

• Thanks 1

As my final-final, I am not sure if I will try a live report, or trip reports very soon.   Some of the cruisecritic changes made it difficult, and there doesn’t appear to be as much interaction as in the past.  I may do one for our 14 day Italian Mediterranean from Southampton this summer, only because some may find it helpful.

So since I need to change my signature to comply with the new cruise critic guidelines, I will use this last post to link to prior trip reports if anyone is interested. 

Coral Princess Panama Canal Cruise with photos

Oasis 11/7 Trip Report, Periscope and 12203 photos

The View from the Summit, a Five Day Bahamas Review

The Grand Hawaiian Adventure, A Trip Reportwith Patters, Menus, Elvis and More

Three Day Serenade - Escape from the Deep Freeze 

Surviving 2,000+ kids on the Allure ( Western Spring Break)

Harmony and Me - Live - Eastern 11/25- 12/2

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Wow!! What a wonderfully comprehensive & incisive overview. Thanks so much. Just two quick questions if you don't mind.

1- Is the second ice show worth seeing & just skip the first one?

2- I believe you pointed out the lunch buffet as a superior choice to the Windjammer. Is this buffet available everyday?

Once again, thanks for all the effort & energy that went into your review. Much appreciated!!

Be Well,

fmhealth

46 minutes ago, fmhealth said:

2- I believe you pointed out the lunch buffet as a superior choice to the Windjammer. Is this buffet available everyday?

The second ice show is definitely worth seeing.  They are two different types of shows, so it depends on your tastes.  The second show is better in my opinion. 

The lunch buffet is available on sea days.  I am not positive if it is available when in port, because we are typically off the ship.

Enjoy if you try Harmony, or any of the Oasis Class ships.

15 hours ago, fmhealth said:

Wow!! What a wonderfully comprehensive & incisive overview. Thanks so much. Just two quick questions if you don't mind.

Once again, thanks for all the effort & energy that went into your review. Much appreciated!!

Be Well,

fmhealth

2nd Ice Show was my favorite!  And yes, Windjammer has lunch buffet every day- even port days!  Also, for an alternative, since the Windjammer can be very busy- the Solarium serves breakfast, lunch and dinner at NO CHARGE.  I ate breakfast and lunch in there almost every day and LOVED it!  Breakfast and lunch are smaller scale buffet, like Windjammer, but still much to choose from!  Dinner, from what I understand, is that they have a menu.  I never did dinner there.  I loved the HOTS and would not hesitate to sail on her again!  My next cruise is on the Anthem, out of Cape Liberty.  No flying this time, which I love cause my luggage weight is always an issue for me!!

On 11/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, h20skibum said:

On 11/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, h20skibum said:

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced anything similar, or worse.  If we include all our other cruise line sea days, we are approaching 200, and this day ranked as the worst, as far as trying to get their screwups fixed.  

I can totally relate to your experience. And it seems like once they screw up something it just goes on and on and on and takes forever to get fixed. My friends always cruise carnival and I finally talked him into coming on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and they had nothing but issues with their card. They had to go to Guest service at least 3  times in 2 days  and get a new card with new Folio number each time.  it all started with check in before they got on the ship, something with the name wrong and it just never seem to get fixed.  Guest services was a terrible experience. Constant long lines! Who wants to spend half their time on the first day in line for Guest  services.One thing, I want to throw out there, I did notice when I was on my last cruise on Norwegian, there were never any lines  at guest service. It was amazing. 

Mark, hope you spot this reply to your old thread. I enjoyed reading about your cruise, although it was almost 4 months ago. I was wondering which deck your junior suite was on. I booked 7244 & 7242 and wondering where the bed will be located for each room.

7 minutes ago, SeaTheWaves said:

Mark, hope you spot this reply to your old thread. I enjoyed reading about your cruise, although it was almost 4 months ago. I was wondering which deck your junior suite was on. I booked 7244 & 7242 and wondering where the bed will be located for each room.

We were in 7642, so we had the same room as 7242, but yours is on the port side. 

Our bed was located away from the balcony, so I assume 7242 would be the same.  

I am not sure if they alternate bed location in the JS or not.  Maybe if Bob sees this, he can chime in. 

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We were in 7642, so we had the same room as 7242, but yours is on the port side. 

Our bed was located away from the balcony, so I assume 7242 would be the same.  

I am not sure if they alternate bed location in the JS or not.  Maybe if Bob sees this, he can chime in. 

As far as I know, the bed is always near the bathroom in JS staterooms on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, Vision, Sovereign classes.