Harmony & Me Live - Eastern 11/25 to 12/2

h20skibum

We stopped at Tijuana’s Bar and Grill along the waterfront for some adult beverages.  We thought their outdoor patio overlooking the water would be a nice break. 

Music was playing, but we no sooner got served, than construction noise next door started, and drowned out everything. 

DD8E855E-0AB3-4F48-9FED-23E110FD95A8.jpeg

Some views from inside the cathedral.  The cathedral contains the tomb of Ponce de Leon. 

88CA5822-6162-4888-A559-0DD7A460C9DA.jpeg

860503EB-BDBE-430A-B93F-EC4314BC53D8.jpeg

D8903769-E375-431F-82FE-455036AF71A1.jpeg

433B132C-58E5-413F-8C30-384CA64ABA5E.jpeg

75057AAA-40CB-4F22-BD1A-4E19E6B77D7A.jpeg

Like Ponce de Leon, the women kept being enticed by offers to make them look 15 years younger, as we walked the streets. Always looking for that fountain of youth. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 1

After the short day at San Juan, there was plenty of pool time before it was time to get dressed for the second formal night. 

Always love the prime rib and lobster for the second formal night.  I know, it isn’t like real lobster, and the prime rib lately has been thinner cuts, but that helps keep the weight gain down. 

And, they still have the vidalia onion tart.

51729648-3830-4980-99A5-4C741C206EAF.jpeg

0BC48A79-13DB-43CD-B329-C00937F6E9A1.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, beachys said:

Thanks for your review!  We sail Harmony in January and this is making the wait more bearable.

Thank you. I only hope your check in goes smoothly.  You will have the new app on your sailing. 

We had the 1887 ice show scheduled for this evening.  So, I am carrying the deck of sea pass cards we have accumulated.  Susan doesn’t have anywhere to carry hers, so I pull out one mine, and hers and hand them over to be scanned.  

Them:  “Do you have a reservation for this show?” they say, as they scan my card. 

Then I look, and I have handed them a card without the red dot. 

Me:  “Yes I do. Oh wait, that is the card without the dot.”

I pull out the rest of the deck and shuffle to find the dot card, and hand it to them.  That one worked, and they acted like it was completely normal for someone to have a fist full of sea pass cards.  Maybe this happens more often than I would like to think. 

As far as the show, it was very similar to the one we just saw on Allure earlier this year. 

585AA8FA-A88F-4875-B6BA-1EC52EE4E2A2.jpeg

We were able to walk in to see a good portion of the Columbus the Musical, after we got out of the ice show.  It is a show you don’t want to miss. 

A towel animal awaited us tonight. Not sure exactly what it was. 

EE4E564A-9EFC-4F61-83B7-356E8FF271B4.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A towel animal awaited us tonight. Not sure exactly what it was. 

Looks like a teddy bear to me.

Thanks so much for posting your full review; I’m on the January 6th sailing, and I’m very much looking forward to it.  

EE4E564A-9EFC-4F61-83B7-356E8FF271B4.jpeg

Edited by JMTtor

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Always love the prime rib and lobster for the second formal night.  I know, it isn’t like real lobster, and the prime rib lately has been thinner cuts, but that helps keep the weight gain down. 

So the second formal night is San Juan, and that’s the only night for lobster in the MDR, correct?

3 minutes ago, JMTtor said:

So the second formal night is San Juan, and that’s the only night for lobster in the MDR, correct?

That is correct, for the eastern itinerary.  That is the only night for the lobster.  Of course, you can get lobster any night as an up sell of $29.95. 

• Like 1

We have the Dragon’s Breath Flight Line scheduled for 10:00. This is the excursion we had to visit the excursion desk earlier in the week about.  Our tickets said we were to meet ashore at 8:00.  Maybe they wanted us to swim ashore. 😳

7ADACF8E-308F-4209-9490-F7ED2CE82D1E.jpeg

We had done the flight line once before, but we decided to do it again with our friends. This is one you should book early in the day, because some later ones have a greater chance of getting canceled. 

We booked pre-cruise, during one of the sales, for $78.  The few open slots were going for $115 onboard. 

So what is it like?   The video I shot will give you an idea.  No hi-tech stuff here.  The video was just shot with a handheld iPhone 6S in a waterproof pouch. 

Don’t worry, you don’t really go sideways.  I just had to let go of the pouch, to get in position to start slowing down. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 3

Enjoying the review!  We just booked the Harmony for January, the two of us and my parents.  My dad has some mobility issues and we will get a wheelchair.  We have the same ports, St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee and all are new ones for us if anyone has recommendations that would be easy for my dad.  He can walk but not for a long time and uneven pavement/ground/sand is  hard for him.  Maybe resort pool days?  Can you take a power strip, no surge protector, onboard?  Would appreciate any must do's eats etc. onboard.  Have fun!!

7 hours ago, JMTtor said:

Have you done the coaster on Labadee? Not sure I'm brave enough for the flight line... but I LOVE coasters!

Have never done the coaster here. The flight line is not bad.  You never have the sensation of traveling fast, because you are so high. 

So to continue on about the flight line, there are a couple balls that are used for reference as you go down the line.  Depending on your weight (over or under 180 lb), you have to come out of the torpedo position to a sitting position. 

They don’t want you coming in too fast, or too slow. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, skiierx131 said:

Loving your review of the cruise I was also on 🙂 It's a real shame about the weather we got on Labadee though.

IMG_20181130_122537.jpg

This dovetails perfect into the next part of the story.  We had just finished the flight line and did a little shopping at the Artisan Market, when a light rain started.  

Lunch was just starting to be served, so we got our plates and found seats in one of the shelters. Just then, the skies opened, and it started to pour.  You photo shows how it cleared the beaches.  

Maybe I should have gone to guest services to complain.  After all, it did show nothing but sun on the cruise compass. 😁