Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

23 minutes ago, kctraveling said:

Glad to see you made it home!

How was the internet while on the boat?

On embarkation day it was great because I had my AT&T on the Mississippi. I was streaming NFL Redzone. Once I switched over to the ship...it basically met my expectations for the most part. My expectations are that I can use this forum, upload pictures, email, and iMessage. One day picture uploads were slow...meaning 5mins per pic when it was normally like 30 seconds. That was Belize day. Saturday night we lost internet totally for an hour 6pm-7pm. I’m looking forward to seeing what the upgraded internet on vista is like. If it’s true we can stream audio and video, I’ll be pretty darn happy.

this is what I was getting trying to log into my plan when the internet was down.a6b61e155ca58dc65c8cad81dd8ef248.jpg

On 12/10/2018 at 5:00 AM, Athankfulheart said:

I cant exactly tell from time stamps, but how long did you spend shuffling thru customs with your zone 9 tags? 

Actually you can tell with the time stamps on the full site. You can't on mobile. Here is a breakdown based on my time stamps. Basically I went from sitting in the lido buffet to out of customs in 20 mins.

8:54 I was sitting in lido buffet and they called my tag number
8:59 I was off the boat and on the ramp
9:07 I had my luggage
9:10 In line for customs
9:14 out of customs

4 minutes ago, bellebaby said:

Hello.  

We're boarding the Dream on Sunday.

I read your review and saw the many drinks you ordered.

What were your favorites?

That's a good question. I was thinking I should've done like a drink of the day or something. I'll give you my favorites here. I'm bringing back one from the last cruise as well. If you want easy to order ones with names go with from Maria: Abuela's Blueberry pie, Christmas in Hawaii, Banana Split, and Chocolate Covered Cherry. From Suri: Raspberry Mojito and his Coconut Zaya drink. But there are some more in this list with pictures that I didn't have names of.

Maria's Abuela's Blueberry Pie

ff5c7c917dc0b8cab7909c411ebd4854.jpg

Maria's Christmas in Hawaii

39FB179B-85B3-4C06-ABE8-426CD3188175.thu

Maria's Strawberry Pineapple Vodka drink

1A23329F-903D-4441-BDA0-F828600D9CFE.thu

I didn't make note of what was in this one...but Maria made it.

CC7395FB-8182-4FCE-870E-9F66D30D4BCE.thu

Same deal with this one. It was kind of a chocolate flavored Maria drink.

31604A4F-CD51-45AC-B529-B6705E4F214C.thu

Maria said this was a new recipe. I think she put barcardi and malibu in it...and it tasted strawberry.

05F7BEFA-8316-4382-B18A-E4BD4F2FF1E4.thu

Coconut drink from Maria

797CF9D4-8DA3-4EEF-A47E-2B9CBA55DAD0.thu

Maria's Banana Split drink

63642474-C88A-49AF-9692-B5346E034056.thu

Maria's Chocolate covered cherry drink

47480785-5AD8-49FC-BF17-ABD94472D775.thu

Suri's Raspberry Mojito

6B3BE5A9-D6D3-41C7-BFE1-09820A0FCE56.thu

Suri's coconut zaya drink

5A7D07D6-B437-4FC3-A462-73EB1CD34781.thu

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Saint Greg said:

So I’m in the elevator. Guy with a diamond card on his chest and flames on his visor walks in. Why do you need a visor indoors at 9pm? I think have a good one. As soon as he walks in I say “that hat is hot!” Not funny to Mr. Hot Diamond...

Ha that guy was everywhere this cruise!! riding his little scoot with his visor and sometimes sunglasses on inside.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to remember next time to get a name for each drink I really like...or something the bartender will recognize it by.

When I read your review, I wanted to try the Christmas in Hawaii.  I'm glad you liked it.

B

Thanks for this awesome review! I wish I had seen it when it was live! I still have just shy of a year until my Dream cruise from Galveston. But I really want a Chocolate Covered Cherry and a Christmas in Hawaii now, lol!

Thanks so much for this review.  I've been on the Dream multiple times, and will be sailing Glory's Journey cruise to the Panama Canal out of NOLA in 2020.  Love your live style review, and wish I had caught it at the beginning!

Any tips or tricks you can think of, that would be imperative for someone doing a February cruise? 

6 hours ago, zabnee said:

Thanks so much for this review.  I've been on the Dream multiple times, and will be sailing Glory's Journey cruise to the Panama Canal out of NOLA in 2020.  Love your live style review, and wish I had caught it at the beginning!

Any tips or tricks you can think of, that would be imperative for someone doing a February cruise? 

You definitely want to come back the last week of August. I'm going to be doing the Glory out of New Orleans.. Hotel is already booked. We're staying at the Four Points on Bourbon Street pre-cruise. We're hitting the bars. It's going to be a good time. But also come back the last week of Feb when I'm on Vista. Then we'll look at your hotel and parking on the New Orleans board when I get back. 

I've mostly been cruising out of Galveston in that late feb-early march time frame. 2016 was the only time I cruised out of New Orleans in Feb and it was a couple weeks after Mardi Gras that year. I try to avoid the big crowds if I can. But if you post a thread about it on that New Orleans board there are some locals that can help you with that stuff. @nolatravelgirl is a good resource.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll tack this on since I’m staying in a popular New Orleans cruise hotel this weekend. 

I rolled in about 11am on Sunday... an hour before the Saints game so interstate traffic was bad but the area around the hotel wasn’t bad at all. The valet parking dropoff is actually off of Fulton Street. I was happy about that because I could avoid the construction and potential embarkation day traffic on convention center blvd on the other side of the hotel. 

There is actually a garage right across the street from the valet drop off. I believe you can park yourself there for $25-30/night. I went with the $39 valet because I was pressed for time to get to the game. 

This is a busy day because not only are people here for the Saints game. The Dream and Breakway are in port. I’m sure people are in town for New Years. Georgia and Texas are in town for the Sugar Bowl. 

I paid $150 for this hotel on Hotwire four months ago... which is a little high for a Sunday night. I attribute that to everything that’s going on in town right now.

I expected chaos, long lines, having to wait to check into a room until later. Those are all common things when I show up at a hotel at 11am on a Saints game day. Surprisingly there was only one person in line ahead of me and I was able to get a room immediately.

4d4f501a312aae6441f066a27ae08b2a.jpg

74618489b0ad9dc265964b1a1ba9463d.jpg

0748e62ddd983721600322d1018223a6.jpg

2106e462740390a36e2a31a93080528e.jpg