PSA....How to see how many ships are in port with you..

zdad59

I'm going to bet this is already posted somewhere, but I've never found it on CC.  

I see a lot of posts about traffic in Port of Miami, how crowded a particular port stop might be, etc.     What I do for my group (I am the over planning, everyone gets a laminated itinerary type) is make note of what ships will be in port with us each stop.   For example, when we sail on Allure of the Seas on Feb 17, 2019, there will be five other ships embarking with us that day in Miami. (Disney Magic, Carnival Magic, Allure Of The Seas, Riviera, Norwegian Getaway, Carnival Horizon)  So we are expecting a very busy day at the port, and thusly plan to get there super early, to try and beat the crowds.    The web site I use for this search is CRUISETT.   The link can be found below.

I hope this helps others with their cruise planning activities.   (Board monitors, if this can be found elsewhere, feel free to move it or guide folks to it.   If I am violating a rule posting this link, I can remove it)

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/426-Miami_Florida/February_2019/

(This link shows Port of Miami for Feb 2019.  To find another port and date just click on the large CUISETT logo at the top, then select the port you want to search then the date.)

Edited by zdad59

I just noticed too that the port data shows the "port load" or "approximately how many people will be there" for that day.   For example, on our Embarking day, Feb 17, 2019, there will be ~20,736 passengers boarding ships in the POM that day. 

It's the site I've used for while. Last 3 cruises including ones I'm on now(B2B) it doesn't show all the cruise ships in the Island ports. Even yesterday were supposed be only one in port and there was 2 other ships in port...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Amazing   All I have to do is click on my ship after the date I have chosen and it shows the passenger loads for each port on the itinerary.Grand Cayman is going to be packed. I think I will change my plan. Thank you ,thank you

There are several sites that give this information but none are 100% accurate. Sometimes these are published a long time in advance and not updated when schedules, or circumstances change - I am not talking about last minute emergency changes. 

That said, I agree it can be a good idea to get an indication of what may occur - just be prepared to check two or three sites to get a better estimate.

• Like 1

I tend to just Google the websites for the port authority for each stop. Usually I can find the schedule. Even ports in other countries tend to have an English version. But, for ports that I can't find, I'll make note of these resources.

33 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Cruisett is showing 1 Ship Serenade in Barbados today. However there are 5 including us.

Curious...can you name what other ships are there?      I wonder if there are certain cruise lines they don't track of if its just a poorly managed database on CruiseT's part.

1 minute ago, zdad59 said:

Curious...can you name what other ships are there?      I wonder if there are certain cruise lines they don't track of if its just a poorly managed database on CruiseT's part.

You can see 3 in the photos plus a ship called Hamburg in back of us. BTW Cruisecal.com also shows one ship.Screenshot_20181126-153022.thumb.jpg.eba3ca5d7a9877b3243b9c88937c4b6b.jpg

IMG_20181126_135142.jpg

IMG_20181126_135122.jpg