First correct answer wins.............

...............first place in the correct answer competition. (of course!!)

Does anyone know what the one foot square, or sometimes round, pieces of plywood that are put on the mooring ropes up near the ship when they dock are for? Some ships have them that fit on two ropes at once, so I used to think that they kept the ropes apart so they wouldn't tangle. Now I've seen single plywood plates put on each of the ropes. I'm thinking they are to keep small rodents or lizards from climbing up the ropes and getting on instead of using their seepass like everyone else.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

...............first place in the correct answer competition. (of course!!)

Does anyone know what the one foot square, or sometimes round, pieces of plywood that are put on the mooring ropes up near the ship when they dock are for? Some ships have them that fit on two ropes at once, so I used to think that they kept the ropes apart so they wouldn't tangle. Now I've seen single plywood plates put on each of the ropes. I'm thinking they are to keep small rodents or lizards from climbing up the ropes and getting on instead of using their seepass like everyone else.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

You are correct!!To keep rodents and such away.

Steve

Orange Rat Guards:D 2010? 4 years of trivia?

I'm glad you said trivia and not trivial. You have no idea how hard I have to think of things to say, in order to quickly pass the time till 2010. Just amagine the flaming you would get from all the people on these boards if you were being mean to me!!:eek: Orange is incorrect. White is the colour we were looking for. Better luck next time.:rolleyes: OK who wants to play...."the first person to book this guy a cruise so that he will stop the trivial trivia game because his cruise is not till 2010 wins!!!!?" - any rich people with money to burn may start the bidding. Going once, twice, OK that's enough, I'm done.

I'm glad you said trivia and not trivial. You have no idea how hard I have to think of things to say, in order to quickly pass the time till 2010. Just amagine the flaming you would get from all the people on these boards if you were being mean to me!!:eek: Orange is incorrect. White is the colour we were looking for. Better luck next time.:rolleyes: OK who wants to play...."the first person to book this guy a cruise so that he will stop the trivial trivia game because his cruise is not till 2010 wins!!!!?" - any rich people with money to burn may start the bidding. Going once, twice, OK that's enough, I'm done.

You cheated! :eek: You cannot answer your own question! :eek: Therefore, you lose the trip I was going to book you!:D

I love tree squirrels. That's just rude. You are, of course entitled to your opinion. Ground squirrels are pests and we kill them, but tree squirrels...that's just wrong to dislike them. I feel very strongly about this issue.:D

aslc, you're from Canada, maybe? You spell color, differently than US.

I love tree squirrels. That's just rude. You are, of course entitled to your opinion. Ground squirrels are pests and we kill them, but tree squirrels...that's just wrong to dislike them. I feel very strongly about this issue.:D

LOL that cracked me up.

BTW I think the ground squirrels get a bad reputation because it's so obvious that the tree squirrels are always framing them for the horrible garbage can invasions. Seriously, How do those poor innocent ground squirrels climb up those TALL metal trash cans??

PS. Raccoons are EVIL

Merion Mom, A very good question indeed. I have no opinion on Opossums whatsoever. But I will say this, possums should take a page out of the chickens book and learn how to cross a road when there's no traffic. Those poor, poor possums.

Archived