Just of Mariner of Seas

dalsti

On 11/28/2018 at 12:07 AM, parothead said:

just booked cabin 8690 for next Dec so glad to hear the balcony was nice

We were in 9690 on our B2B cruises recently.... loved the Aft cabin.  It was at the end, and ours did not have a sliding door to the balcony but a regular door, with a big  window....very very nice I thought.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 11:54 AM, BillOh said:

You were not in a suite I assume?

Another good reason to have very distinct looking bags, this happened to us a couple of times. (And we have taken bags outside our room to 3-4 doors down.

Are these two available to book in the cruise planner?    

WE didn't experience that noise on Coco Cay in September, but I have to guess construction is really ramping up now.   Thanks for the report. 

Really not that bad last month

20181118_200232.jpg

When you said they delivered your luggage to the wrong room, I thought they put it inside. It's really not all that uncommon to have your luggage a few doors down … at least, that's been my experience for quite some time. They seem to line the bags up along the hallway in the general area of the rooms. Depending on the number of bags for a given cabin they may actually run out of space to set them right next to your door.

I'd be interested in hearing if there are others who generally find their bags right outside their door, because I really can't remember the last time I did.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 1:45 PM, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for your review. I am taking the three-night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas that departs on December 7. Did many people wear formal clothes to dinner on the second night? Should I bring a dark suit or are dress pants and a nice shirt okay for dinner every night? Also, when are the ice shows offered?   

Thanks,

Chuck

We were just on the Brilliance and on formal night we noticed several men come into the dining room wearing shorts, a tee shirt and tennis shoes. I guess they don't want to turn any customers away and possibly lose business!

We did the weekend cruise on Mariner, the weekend before Thanksgiving, and there was very little formal dress.  Mostly very casual.  Of course if you want to use the opportunity for a very nice formal/family picture....go ahead, but slacks and a shirt could be as formal as you can be.  You will see people more casually dressed for sure.

9 hours ago, JustAGirl79 said:

We're on Mariner in March - for Spring Break - figure it's going to be busy with lots of kids... how/where do we book laser tag???

At least you are going with the expectation of lots of kids and partyers of all ages.   On our weekend cruise on Mariner, we had an obnoxious relatively large group that wanted to 'take over ever activity' they wanted to participate in, and they monopolized prime chairs at the solarium.  At the activities it made it more work for the staff and less enjoyable for some cruisers.  On the midweek cruise it was much more friendly overall of the cruisers and less 'me is all that counts'.  All in all, we had a great time on our B2B Mariner cruises.

Sorry, can't help you with laser tag.....not of interest to us, at all.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, emeraldcity said:

When you said they delivered your luggage to the wrong room, I thought they put it inside. It's really not all that uncommon to have your luggage a few doors down … at least, that's been my experience for quite some time. They seem to line the bags up along the hallway in the general area of the rooms. Depending on the number of bags for a given cabin they may actually run out of space to set them right next to your door.

I'd be interested in hearing if there are others who generally find their bags right outside their door, because I really can't remember the last time I did.

This is the first time our luggage has not been at our door.    Seemed like most luggage was at the cabin doors.  Ours was alone at another cabin.  Just glad it made to ours.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:07 AM, cruisinfromtampa said:

We stayed in 8690 on Adventure.  If you haven't seen it before, this is what you should expect.  It was a great balcony!  Reccommend 100%!

8c47cc97d4dccc693d49b4795840ab31.jpg

this looks awsome i am getting so excited

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 10:29 PM, JustAGirl79 said:

We're on Mariner in March - for Spring Break - figure it's going to be busy with lots of kids... how/where do we book laser tag???

Just an FYI...Were on a cruise last March during Spring Break!   It was a Carnival but however, let me tell you, I would prefer hundreds of "little ones" before taking a cruise with the college "spring breakers" anytime!  They take over the ship!!!  No place to relax, can't get up to the bar to order,  running in the corridors in the wee hours of the morning hollering, etc.  No consideration for their fellow travelers!  Hopefully,on an RC, it will be different for you.  Yes, I would suggest you book any activity ASAP!