Post Cruise Flights

Shrub

Quick Question, Jet Blue seems to have changed our post cruise flight from 3:00pm to 9:46am. Is this time not achievable? It is at Ft Lauderdale airport. should we be looking at other flights? everything else is one stop or more expensive. Has anyone else had this early of a flight?

I would definitely be looking at other flights.  Yes, many have made flights that early but all it takes is one thing to go wrong and you won't make it -- a delay getting the ship back to port, some recalcitrant customs/immigration officials, an accident on the highway.  I assume you are looking at an international flight, which has earlier check-in requirements.  

In cases where other airlines have moved flights they have had to make good on schedule changes that are more achievable.  I would go back to them to see what else they can offer you.

Yes, it's possible. Is it advisable? No!

JetBlue says:

Schedule change is 2 hours or greater

Rebook the customer to any flight within the same city pairs or to a co-located city on the same day, day prior, or day after the original flight.

*All change fees and fare differences are waived

You can also cancel for a full refund. You may have to take a connection but you are not responsible for paying any more money than you already have. If you find a specific flight you prefer, tell them exactly what you want rather than having them give you options.

• Like 1

Wow, that's quite the change.

I'd like to say it's possible, but I remember that one cruise when it took over 2 hours to get through the cruise terminal in Port Everglades. Fortunately, we had booked a hotel post cruise. There were many antsy passengers that day, trying to reschedule flights or find rooms as they queued through the terminal. The cause of the holdup? The terminal was understaffed because of federal budget sequestration. Nowhere in my Plan B and C had I considered that possibility. Also, there was a huge east coast snowstorm, in March, that wreaked havoc with flight schedules. But being from Ontario, you know that risk. I would look for another flight.

Edited by Marelaine

There is a possibility you could make it, and a larger one where you could not.  With that large a time change, they are required to allow you to change flights to a better time without a penalty.

Just re-read your post - it looks like you are from Canada?  Then I would say your odds just decreased significantly.