For History Lovers -- Australian Circumnavigation From Darwin

Did the circumnavigation on Sun Princess in 2008, when she first arrived from USA.  Nice and new then, a lot cheaper than the Coral one on here, have to win Lotto or Lottery to do that one.:classic_ohmy:

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did the circumnavigation on Sun Princess in 2008, when she first arrived from USA.  Nice and new then, a lot cheaper than the Coral one on here, have to win Lotto or Lottery to do that one.:classic_ohmy:

Yeah we did it on Diamond 2015 33 days about 1/4 the price of this one.

4 minutes ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

Whole itinerary looks great to me, lining up with historical dates and some great smaller locations etc. 

But ugh I hate the heat and so much of it would be real nasty tropic temps. Ok when on board, but shore excursions would be unconfirmed for me. 

Lucky you moved to Melbourne then, certainly more temperate than ExPerth.

18 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

Whole itinerary looks great to me, lining up with historical dates and some great smaller locations etc. 

But ugh I hate the heat and so much of it would be real nasty tropic temps. Ok when on board, but shore excursions would be unconfirmed for me. 

Far better to go to the Caribbean at that time of year.

2 hours ago, Toryhere said:

Far better to go to the Caribbean at that time of year.

LOL personally I avoid places where one cannot escape 10,000 cruising Americans on tiny islands!

I don't do the tropics etc. I prefer Antarctica and similar. The only reason I suffer Pacific cruises lately is because of the entertainment on board the Bravo cruises.

But I love Aus history so the circumnavigation on a small vessel does still interest me - I just have to make myself think beyond the heat !!

2 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

LOL personally I avoid places where one cannot escape 10,000 cruising Americans on tiny islands!

I don't do the tropics etc. I prefer Antarctica and similar. The only reason I suffer Pacific cruises lately is because of the entertainment on board the Bravo cruises.

But I love Aus history so the circumnavigation on a small vessel does still interest me - I just have to make myself think beyond the heat !!

You don’t have to worry about 10,000 Americans if you travel on a small ship that goes to the islands where the big ships don’t go.

Edited by Toryhere