Alcohol questions 🍹

KPookey

I am new to a Carnival. 

I am sailing on Pride next summer.  Can I carry on 2 bottles of wine/per cabin?  Can I carry on anything, drink wise (water, Gatorade)?

If I buy a bottle of rum, for example, from the fun ship online, I’m assuming it will be in my stateroom when I check in.  If I don’t finish it, can I take it with me?  I’m assuming people buy the bottles and mix their own drinks.   I guess I can get the soda package and do that.  

Thanks 🍻

On wine, 1x750ml bottle per adult person.

Use Bon Voyage to buy the rum.  It will be in your cabin or delivered shortly after embarking. If you don't drink it all and don't buy over the allotted customs limit of booze on your cruise, you can take it with you.  Just be aware of "open container" laws both in vehicles and in flying (not allowed).

If wanting more than 12 cans (per person), or not wishing to lug them on board yourself (must go via carryon), use Bon Voyage for soda.  Soda package on ship refers to getting soda from bars.

Buy bottled water from Bon Voyage or Carnival site, and have it also delivered to your cabin.

2 minutes ago, bm6pm5 said:

You can bring more sodas on board at ports. Cans only though.

Yes and No.  Depending on the port and the Carnival Security mood at the time. I have seen it go both ways . Where as Security said no, and the people drank their soda before boarding.

11 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

So to clarify I can take 2 bottles of wine total for 2 adults and 2 12 packs of canned drinks total for 2 people? Other things must be purchased from carnival? 

Yes.  Except of course water, coffee, tea, lemonade and fruit juice are available all around at no extra charge.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

So to clarify I can take 2 bottles of wine total for 2 adults and 2 12 packs of canned drinks total for 2 people? Other things must be purchased from carnival? 

Basically.  Your 2 12 packs can be cans, cartons, or pouches.  Just no bottles.  The only bottles allowed to be taken on board at embarkation are the allowable 1 750ml bottle of wine per adult.