Ocean Ready - for Ocean Medallion

Wishing on a star

On 2/8/2019 at 2:02 PM, gma rae said:

If I wait until embarkation to get the medallion  can I still choose to use an avatar instead of a picture of myself? Or is an avatar only possible if pre -ordering the medallion using ocean ready?

You can change your profile photo anytime that you can get into the Ocean Ready app. Jean and I did it while on the CB, because we didn't like seeing our pictures coming up on the portals. We changed to an avatar-like image.

Jim

7 hours ago, ceci3 said:

We are sailing on the regal in March.  Our group has 2 staterooms on separate bookings. Does anyone know if there is a way to add the people from the other cabin so that we can find them and call them with the app?  So far I only see the people in my cabin.

thanks for the assistance!

I do not know the exact process, but once onboard anyone you want to do this for will have to give you a contact code they get once on the ship. And for them to locate you, you will need to provide your code to them.

Hopefully someone who has actually done this might see this and post the exact way to do it.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, ceci3 said:

We are sailing on the regal in March.  Our group has 2 staterooms on separate bookings. Does anyone know if there is a way to add the people from the other cabin so that we can find them and call them with the app?  So far I only see the people in my cabin.

thanks for the assistance!

Using the Ocean Compass app, once aboard the ship, you can click on 'manage shipmates'. You will be able to request a person to be your shipmate by sending a request to that person using their first and last names as they appear on their boarding documents. They will have to acknowledge the request using their Ocean Compass app. Once a connection has been confirmed, you can text with that person, find out where on the ship that person is, using your smart device or any of the portals generally located near the elevators. You only have to make the connection once per cruise.

• Thanks 1

I admit I did not read the full 5 pages of this thread...but has anyone else had a problem with adding your address to the OceanReady app? I have tried numerous times and it won't allow it. I've also tried to link my future Caribbean Princess cruise and it won't accept my booking confirmation number. I double checked the typing and that is not the problem.

I had the same problem and went to the Princess website.  It said that Ocean Ready would be available 1-2 months before you cruise.  That might explain why it won't accept our booking number.  I'll keep trying along the way to see when it works.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, jeanandjim said:

Using the Ocean Compass app, once aboard the ship, you can click on 'manage shipmates'. You will be able to request a person to be your shipmate by sending a request to that person using their first and last names as they appear on their boarding documents. They will have to acknowledge the request using their Ocean Compass app. Once a connection has been confirmed, you can text with that person, find out where on the ship that person is, using your smart device or any of the portals generally located near the elevators. You only have to make the connection once per cruise.

thank you so much!!  I will definitely get this set up once on board!!

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:20 PM, jeanandjim said:

Remember that when receiving  message from within the OC ap that the person receiving the message will receive no notification that a message has arrived. 

The only way to see a received message is to periodically look at your ap. 

I hope that they figure out a way to add a “received message” notification of some sort. 

6 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Remember that when receiving  message from within the OC ap that the person receiving the message will receive no notification that a message has arrived. 

The only way to see a received message is to periodically look at your ap. 

I hope that they figure out a way to add a “received message” notification of some sort. 

Not true. 

This texting app works just like at home. An audible ping and instant communication. This works much better than the system on the non-medallion ships.

Jim

1 hour ago, jeanandjim said:

Not true. 

This texting app works just like at home. An audible ping and instant communication. This works much better than the system on the non-medallion ships.

Jim

That’s great. Glad to hear it. 

The lack of message notification is/was a major drawback to the system in its rollout configuration. 

I was last on a MC cruise last December where this deficiency existed. Out next MC cruise is in July. Hope to find this improvement up and running. 

Thanks. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:03 PM, jeanandjim said:

Not true. 

Jim

Very nice.

So much for the prior claim here that no notification was intentional...

Interesting conversation!

Our Regal cruise is not until the fall but looking forward (not) to the process.  I am not one to carry my phone around while on the ship (first thing that goes into the safe) - so I'm thinking my experience with OM will be limited.

Good to know about the avatar - certainly don't need to see my face on the portals :classic_ohmy: