Oosterdam questions ( Laundry & Mass)

Cajuntraveler

We are sailing next month  to the Caribbean on the Oosterdam.  Our first time on HAL - 1 previous, cruise on Princess.  I have two questions - has anyone used the laundry service on the Oosterdam and if so, what is the cost and were any garments damaged? ( Packing will be easier if I know the laundry service is reliable and reasonably priced.)

Second question:  The HAL brochure says that each ship has a daily Catholic Mass.  Does anyone have info on whether there is actually daily mass on the Oosterdam and when and where the service is held.  

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance with these questions.

We have used the laundry service on all the HAL ships -- did have a couple of problems -- these things happen from time to time.

Cost: there is the laundry by the bag -- $20 for as much as you stuff into a bag -- roll items and you can get a lot in it.  OR -- unlimited laundry -- about $7 a day -- you sign up once you are on the ship.  --That makes it $49 for the week but you can not send out anything on the last full day of the cruise.

Sorry -- can't help about Mass.

We just disembarked the Oosterdam on Nov 17.  We purchased the unlimited laundry package for the week for $49 TOTAL.  We loved it.  No garments were damaged.

I noticed some services listed, but, I am not sure if it was daily.  I am sure someone will come along that will have the answer.

Btw, we had a wonderful cruise.

Mass is held daily on every Holland America ship, unless there is an extreme reason---such as the priest assigned for that cruise didn't make it to the ship. In the instances where that has happened when I was aboard there was a vacationing priest who stepped up and took over the responsibility.
There has also been a time or two where the shore excursions ran so long (such as from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM) when there was no Mass scheduled.
Check the daily program for location, as it can change.

Mass is generally at 8:00 AM on sea days and 5:00 PM on port days. If port arrival is later in the morning, Mass is celebrated at 8:00 AM.
Saturday Vigil Mass is at 5:00 PM, even if it's a sea day.

I have been on 8 HAL cruises, was always uncertain about sending my clothing to the ship's laundry, especially the stretchy leggings that I wear.  On #6 cruise, I decided to send a couple of them plus lots more regular stuff.  So pleased with the result - perfectly laundered & folded, wrapped in tissue paper in a basket. Have sent 2-3 bags since.  No problems whatsoever.  The only thing I might be tentative about would be some of my "sparkly" items.  

It is my understanding that there is a priest to give Mass on every HAL cruise.  There has been one on all of them that I have taken.