Need Advice: Code Red Cruise/Inventory Maintenance

RealDeal

4 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

Hey, Neil!! Hope all is well. What's available? Eclipse 10/20/19? Where? 

Many cabins available in many categories. I use the celebrity site reserved for travel agents but you could try the celebrity web site or simply call celebrity directly. If you booked through a TA I suggest you call them and have them do the work. 

Good lick. 

1 minute ago, maxsales said:

Many cabins available in many categories. I use the celebrity site reserved for travel agents but you could try the celebrity web site or simply call celebrity directly. If you booked through a TA I suggest you call them and have them do the work. 

Good lick. 

That's interesting...Just checked X site...nada. It does not come up on any TA site either. I think it might be something like if you actually tried to book it, it won't let you. Not sure. But thx. 

23 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

That's interesting...Just checked X site...nada. It does not come up on any TA site either. I think it might be something like if you actually tried to book it, it won't let you. Not sure. But thx. 

Just did a complete booking and had no problem booking a C2 cabin

Your Reservation Summary

Offered

Reservation # 2950937

Date Created: 30 Nov 2018

Shop/Book ChoiceAir
  • ICON-1_AGENT.png
  • ICON-9_DATE.png
     20JAN2019
  • ICON-3_BRAND_CELEB.png
    Celebrity Cruises
  • ICON-10_DURATION.png
     14 Nights
  • ICON-7_SHIP.png
     Celebrity Eclipse
  • ICON-11_DESTINATION.png
     South America
  • ICON-8_OCCUPANCY.png
  • ICON-12_RATE.png
     Resident Disc

Total Price (USD): 7,394.80

Taxes & Fees: 596.80

Price includes all guests, taxes, fees and port expenses.

Deposit Amount Per Stateroom (USD): 900.00

Due Date: 01DEC2018

Payment Schedule

Final Payment Due: 7,394.80

Final Payment Due Date: 01DEC2018

Edited by maxsales
remove link

2 minutes ago, maxsales said:

Just did a complete booking and had no problem booking a C2 cabin

Your Reservation SummaryPrint Reservation Summary

Offered

Reservation # 2950937

Date Created: 30 Nov 2018

Shop/Book ChoiceAir
  • ICON-1_AGENT.png
  • ICON-9_DATE.png
     20JAN2019
  • ICON-3_BRAND_CELEB.png
    Celebrity Cruises
  • ICON-10_DURATION.png
     14 Nights
  • ICON-7_SHIP.png
     Celebrity Eclipse
  • ICON-11_DESTINATION.png
     South America
  • ICON-8_OCCUPANCY.png
  • ICON-12_RATE.png
     Resident Disc

Total Price (USD): 7,394.80

Taxes & Fees: 596.80

Price includes all guests, taxes, fees and port expenses.

Deposit Amount Per Stateroom (USD): 900.00

Due Date: 01DEC2018

Payment Schedule

Final Payment Due: 7,394.80

Final Payment Due Date: 01DEC2018

LOL...except that this is for 1/20/19, not 10/20/19!

Edited by RealDeal
  • Haha 1

Just now, maxsales said:

lol my bad back to the drawing board.

Hey, you tried!! Considering someone already posted that they have booked this cruise w/Atlantis & they have told me it's fully chartered, I'm reasonably sure we all know where we stand. Thx Neil!  

Just now, RealDeal said:

Hey, you tried!! Considering someone already posted that they have booked this cruise w/Atlantis & they have told me it's fully chartered, I'm reasonably sure we all know where we stand. Thx Neil!  

No problem sorry if I elevated your hopes.  Now I just need to go back to reading school!

Just now, maxsales said:

No problem sorry if I elevated your hopes.  Now I just need to go back to reading school!

LOL...No, you didn't...I've been down this road for 5 months w/this cruise with an increasingly bad feeling it wasn't happening. It just sucks b/c it really is a one of a kind for X in the fall (we can't do the one in November b/c it's 9 days & leaves on a Monday...just won't work for us). Our only other choices are Princess, which I just can't get excited about, or the week before on Eclipse out of Vancouver, but I'm not thrilled with the "cooler" weather (for that, I can stay in NJ....LOL) or flying into Vancouver, as there's only 1 direct flight from Newark & it's at 6:30pm. However, we will probably go with the latter, depending on what X is willing to do for us. We currently have 2 perks on our reservation, which is going to be a major sticking point.   

Real Deal -- I can get not wanting to fly into Vancouver, as I understand it's pretty expensive. One other option is that your could fly into Seattle and take the train (Amtrak Cascades Route) up to Vancouver. The VNC Amtrak station is only a short cab ride away from the cruise terminal (Canada Place). I WOULD fly in early, if you plan to do that, since Amtrak (anywhere) can be unpredictable. As to the weather, you might be surprised. Weather here in the Coastal Pacific Northwest is pretty temperate in the fall. I don't think you'd find the temps in Vancouver or Victoria to be much different from San Francisco, at that particular time of year. The real down-side is that it might be raining, in mid-October. 🌦️

Really hoping that X steps-up for you guys -- and soon! If any of you decide to make the jump to our 10-13-19 sailing, please join our roll-call (it could use some livening-up! 😉)

If I ever had a cruise booked and I went through that I would never cruise that cruise line again. As a long time Celebrity cruiser (going back to the Meridian in 1995) I have seen so many money focused changes that putting someone though that is unacceptable.

33 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Real Deal -- I can get not wanting to fly into Vancouver, as I understand it's pretty expensive. One other option is that your could fly into Seattle and take the train (Amtrak Cascades Route) up to Vancouver. The VNC Amtrak station is only a short cab ride away from the cruise terminal (Canada Place). I WOULD fly in early, if you plan to do that, since Amtrak (anywhere) can be unpredictable. As to the weather, you might be surprised. Weather here in the Coastal Pacific Northwest is pretty temperate in the fall. I don't think you'd find the temps in Vancouver or Victoria to be much different from San Francisco, at that particular time of year. The real down-side is that it might be raining, in mid-October. 🌦️

Really hoping that X steps-up for you guys -- and soon! If any of you decide to make the jump to our 10-13-19 sailing, please join our roll-call (it could use some livening-up! 😉)

THANKS! Seriously considering the 10/13 sailing. The issue isn't so much that it's expensive but rather that there's only one direct flight from Newark & it's at 6:30pm. My other issue is that I have 2 perks on my previous booking & until X is willing to admit the cruise is chartered, my only other option is to rebook the cruise & lose the perk. 

In other interesting news, someone on my roll call emailed Atlantis & they confirmed in writing that they are in fact chartering the Eclipse for 10/20/19 but it won't be released to "the public" until early 2019. I have construct a letter to my TA that she can send to X to try to get this moving.

4 minutes ago, newyorkray said:

If I ever had a cruise booked and I went through that I would never cruise that cruise line again. As a long time Celebrity cruiser (going back to the Meridian in 1995) I have seen so many money focused changes that putting someone though that is unacceptable.

LOL. And if I boycotted every company that has ever pissed me off, well, I probably would never leave my house! 🙂 

Overall, I find X to be pretty fair & accommodating.

23 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

I surely hope not, as we are booked on the sailing (Vancouver to LA) immediately before yours. I just can't believe that X is STILL stringing you guys along! I remember considering that sailing, way back when we booked ours. No sooner than we had decided, your cruise disappeared from the inventory. That was back in September -- so, you guys have been in total limbo for what? Ten weeks, now? 😱

After all of this time, if you still can't get a straight answer ('inventory management is NOT a straight answer) out of the Captain's Club -- or your respective travel agents -- it might be time for an old-fashioned letter (or e-mail) writing campaign to Corporate. You, Jelayne, and Cruise Raider could contact the Executive Resolutions office, directly. If you have an active roll-call, get them involved too. I haven't sent an e-mail to Corporate for a long time, but I've heard that the Celebrity One-Touch address gets results. And, there's always snail-mail to RCCL headquarters (1050 Caribbean Way, Miami FL, 33132). My thought would be to get as many folks on your cruise as possible, to contact Corporate and let them know that you are NOT happy -- and what you want them to do about it. Good luck -- you guys deserve better treatment than this! 🤯

(BTW -- if it turns out that this sailing doesn't work out, we'd love to have all of you join us, on the 10-13-19 sailing, out of Vancouver!)

wwcruisers ... we were on that Pacific Coastal sailing with you after Celebrity chartered out 5 days of our Alaska cruise to Salesforce.  

I completely understand other's frustrations, but am just going to go with the flow.   It's easy for us as we aren't all that far from LA so will just book my airfare on Southwest so I can cancel it if this sailing is a no go.  Unfortunately, we are not able to go on the Oct 13th sailing as we have other commitments on the day  of sailing.  I am keeping other sailings that I might want to book in mind in the meantime.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

wwcruisers ... we were on that Pacific Coastal sailing with you after Celebrity chartered out 5 days of our Alaska cruise to Salesforce.  

I completely understand other's frustrations, but am just going to go with the flow.   It's easy for us as we aren't all that far from LA so will just book my airfare on Southwest so I can cancel it if this sailing is a no go.  Unfortunately, we are not able to go on the Oct 13th sailing as we have other commitments on the day  of sailing.  I am keeping other sailings that I might want to book in mind in the meantime.  

Oh, Raider -- Sorry to hear that! I was hoping that you'd join our Vancouver to LA sailing, if yours ended up being chartered. It would be fun to sail with you again -- and you were a great roll-call participant, on our Infinity cruise! But, it's a small, small cruising world, so we'll probably run into each other on another Pacific Coastal, in the future! 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealDeal said:

THANKS! Seriously considering the 10/13 sailing. The issue isn't so much that it's expensive but rather that there's only one direct flight from Newark & it's at 6:30pm. My other issue is that I have 2 perks on my previous booking & until X is willing to admit the cruise is chartered, my only other option is to rebook the cruise & lose the perk. 

In other interesting news, someone on my roll call emailed Atlantis & they confirmed in writing that they are in fact chartering the Eclipse for 10/20/19 but it won't be released to "the public" until early 2019. I have construct a letter to my TA that she can send to X to try to get this moving.

My experience with charters is that they often offer first crack at booking to their 'past cruisers', and those newbies who've paid a pre-deposit. Only after those folks have had a chance, do they open up the remaining inventory to the public. At least that's the way the Smooth Jazz Cruise charters work. However, the charter itself is a "done deal'" before that first cabin is ever booked. So, absolutely -- be pro-active and get in touch with your TA now!

Oh, and yeah -- I HATE red-eye flights -- especially going to a cruise port. About the best you can do is try to check into your pre-cruise hotel early, and get caught-up on your sleep (can you say JET LAG?😱)!

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

My experience with charters is that they often offer first crack at booking to their 'past cruisers', and those newbies who've paid a pre-deposit. Only after those folks have had a chance, do they open up the remaining inventory to the public. At least that's the way the Smooth Jazz Cruise charters work. However, the charter itself is a "done deal'" before that first cabin is ever booked. So, absolutely -- be pro-active and get in touch with your TA now!

Oh, and yeah -- I HATE red-eye flights -- especially going to a cruise port. About the best you can do is try to check into your pre-cruise hotel early, and get caught-up on your sleep (can you say JET LAG?😱)!

It's not a red eye...gets in around 930pm, but that kind of sucks...leaving at 6:30pm on a Saturday, wasting the whole day, etc. and then if that flight is cancelled, we'd have to really scramble to get to the ship in time the next day.   

3 hours ago, RealDeal said:

It's not a red eye...gets in around 930pm, but that kind of sucks...leaving at 6:30pm on a Saturday, wasting the whole day, etc. and then if that flight is cancelled, we'd have to really scramble to get to the ship in time the next day.   

If you can go in a day early do so,  Vancouver is a beautiful city.  If you fly out after work, get in late and crash at a hotel then have a full day to explore Vancouver. before boarding the ship.

59 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you can go in a day early do so,  Vancouver is a beautiful city.  If you fly out after work, get in late and crash at a hotel then have a full day to explore Vancouver. before boarding the ship.

That would be my suggestion, as well. Even if you explored the possibility of flying into Seatac (there are direct flights to/from Newark) and taking the Amtrak up to VNC -- you'd still need to factor in that extra travel day. Trust me when I say that It's all do-able, but I truly understand that you really don't need that extra aggravation, right now, Real Deal. 😱