Seeking info on Epic Haven

g683002

Hi all - we are booked on a spring cruise and i wanted to get info on the Epic Haven. We have sailed in the Getaway Haven, so wondering about differences in the experience. Also, I saw a video on YouTube that toured the Haven areas - are the fans really that loud in the pool area?

Anything we should know or look forward to?

Thanks!

The Epic Haven is the best in the fleet. 

includes the multi deck Posh Club (vibe on other -away class ships)

Private gym overlooking the courtyard

Large restaurant. Large outside dining area. (Much bigger than -away ships. 

Steam and sauna in courtyard

Larger courtyard. 

Very large lounge area. 

Downside: no retractable roof. 

Just off the Epic TA ina 2 bedroom suite. The haven restaurant and bar was awesome. Joesph in the haven bar was awesome as was the assistant Maitre’D Kaylan. 

The fans/exhausts were not unbearable and didn’t impact the pool/hot tub area. I like that you can order food to the pool and up in Posh (they were restricting the food to Haven guests only in Posh) we loved posh and the bartenders were great. The lift to the buffet was handy to bring up snacks if and when needed. You also have the cordless phone to call your butler which we did a few times to get food delivered - a great perk. 

Overall from reading many negative reviews the Epic Haven hit it out of the park. Everyone was heaps friendly, couldn’t do enough for us. You’ll love the haven hardly felt busy all but enough for a great atmosphere. 

Enjoy every moment of it!

We have sailed in the Haven, but our first Epic adventure is early in the new year so all this info is very helpful!  I so love the smaller Ship Haven areas for Alaska  (and with the special treatment we get in the MDR or nights at speciality restaurants, we don’t miss it when there isn’t a Haven restaurant).  But this Epic Haven seems like it may also be ideal for a longer Caribbean voyage. We are looking forward to it 😊

Happy Sailing! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

I honestly thought the Getaway Haven was the worst of the three big ships we've been on (Epic, Escape, Getaway). If you liked the Getaway Haven, prepare to thoroughly impressed by the Epic Haven. The restaurant alone is enough to end any comparison between the two. There are tons of windows in the Epic Haven restaurant and the "outdoor" eating area is a nice to have and it doesn't intrude upon the actual courtyard. 

My husband loved having a gym right in the Haven and Posh was amazing. And the short trip down the elevator for afternoon ice cream and snacks was great!

Enjoy your trip. 

As said before the Epic Haven is the best!  We just got off of the Getaway this past Sunday and although we enjoyed ourselves we liked the Epic Haven so much more. 

We loved the separate outdoor dining area on the Epic.  We also loved that the concierge was separate from the lounge area.  I felt so bad for them on the Getaway because it was always so loud at the bar around the corner.   I know people like to have fun but it really got annoying at times. 

The Epic Haven seemed so much more spacious and well thought out.  On the Getaway everything seemed cramped.  We loved having more pool loungers actually by the pool on the Epic.  I am just not into those little shallow pools with the 2 or 3 brown loungers inside of them.  Seems like such a waste of space.  The Epic Haven is in a much better location on the ship as well. 

We want to give the Haven a 3rd try and are debating trying the Escape or just going back on the Epic out of San Juan next Feb.

With that said being in the Haven is still amazing and it's hard to cruise any other way.   

Enjoy your Epic cruise!!!!  So jealous since it is hard to go back to reality after getting out of the Haven.