Live Blog: Bliss Dec 8th

8373seth

58 minutes ago, CincyJen said:

Following along, thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  Just off the Bliss on Dec 1. She's beautiful.  It's super-cold and gray here in Cincinnati so I'm very jealous of you both right now.  Have a blast!

It’s nice to be warm but we will be ready to be back home at the end of the cruise. We both miss our pup! 

• Like 2

Day one over. I should be asleep! Today, I had two spa services done. The shave and facial were awesome. The reflexology was okay. It was my first time for reflexology. I didn’t realize they really go to town on your big toe! I always dread the Elemis sales pitch at the end. I also feel like spa services back home are much better and cheaper. But I still always sign up For several. Todd tried the thermal spa while I was doing the two appointments. I will go tomorrow. 

We ate dinner in one of the main dining rooms. I love the casual dress of NCL. The French onion soup was great. Chocolate lava cake was excellent. 

We didn’t do any of the shows. 

Tomorrow, I have a bamboo massage. We are watching Havana tomorrow night. We also want to take a ride around the go kart track. 

The atrium area has some beautiful Christmas decorations. I’ll get some photos later. 

Nighty night. 

• Like 1

Day 2. 

We are just finishing lunch. We ate late at 2:15. It is super crowded. It has been super crowded the entire time. We can’t seem to find a sweet spot. However, there always seems to be seating somewhere. The elevators also seem crowded at most times and are a bit slow. 

The room is amazing!  I love the decor. The couch in the room is nice. As always, we love the balcony. 

This is morning I had the Bamboo massage with Claudia. She was excellent. 

Time me to walk around. 

Had an afternoon in the thermal spa. The mineral pool was excellent. The salt room is interesting. I can’t really tell if I am actually breathing in something or if it’s all a con and I’m just sitting in normal air. The Sauna was nice. The warm stone beds were nice as well. I would recommend if you enjoy this sort of thing. 

Ive posted the dining menus for tonight. All the food has been awesome and the staff nice. 

And of course the bread and the butter. I never eat butter with bread unless I’m on a cruise. And boy donIneat it in here! 

0BAF8DC5-B762-425C-A3AD-D0EAC9FAF2EC.jpeg

C80E309E-6C5E-44F7-84FF-3DD6B3FA460D.jpeg

617922FF-7075-48A9-9E60-C2336B0C88D9.jpeg

FA3A5696-23F7-4BBB-94B5-80A276075CF2.jpeg

EC1E5459-DF53-49DA-8FFC-49F79772FA82.jpeg

Havana was a good show. The mama stole the show. Her voice was amazing. 

On the sea days, we mainly relaxed. We spent a lot of time in the Thermal spa. 

The ship is beautiful. The art work, colors and decor all work well together. It is broken up a bit and sometimes can seem crowded. Tip: The elevators have two sets of buttons. You must push both to have all elevators available. 

We’ve found that the waterfront is rarely crowded and a great place to escape the crowds. 

Today we we will do the Kon Tiki Beach excursion. 

409D591F-8241-4357-ADE1-591908B71451.jpeg

In Tortola. At Beef Island in the best of Tortola and Beach. Awesome excursion. 

Yesterday we were in St Thomas. 

The excursion yesterday was Kon Tiki. The crew and boat were awesome. The beach so-so. 

The excursion today o day has been nice. The drive is beautiful and the driver is very informative. The open air taxi are hard to see out of if you are not on the ends. If you do take the tour and want photos, get in the end. The beach was awesome. It was like a mini Megan’s beach without the crowds. 

Tonight we will see the Jersey  Boys. 

F3C611C4-7B38-4EE7-9634-8586CED470AA.jpeg

FBAF777B-90C1-4060-AB1F-6DD64F37BD8B.jpeg

On 12/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, northernrose said:

Thanks for sharing with us.

Can you order desserts off the Room Service Menu and have them deliver to your Haven suite so when you return you have some thing to snack on?

We will be in a Haven Suite in Sept 19.

I am not sure about the Haven. In non Haven rooms they do that dessert on the menu. I imagine you can get whatever you want in the Haven. 

Final sea day. 

It is is our final sea day today. So far it’s been a relaxing day. Soon we will head off to grab some  supper and hang around a bit. 

A few thoughts about dinner: 

(1) we enjoy the two smaller dining rooms (Taste Savor) better than the large one(Manhattan). We’ve always been seated right when we arrive. Never a wait.  We eat at different times each night and every time we were able to get a table. 

(2) we also love that you can wear anything you want to dinner. We wear shorts and a nice shirt. It saves so much room in packing. If you are into fancy dining, you can wear that as well. 

(3) the food has been great. It is a bit more simple than Princess, Celebrity and HAL but we prefer that. However the desserts are not as awesome as Princess. Overall, very please with the food. 

More thoughts later. 

On 12/7/2018 at 11:25 AM, 8373seth said:

Our first live blog. This will be our 12th cruise, our 2nd on NCL. We will be in a balcony. We are leaving Cincinnati now and will be staying at The Broadmoor Miami Beach. 

Hopefully we will provide some valuable information and maybe even a bit of entertainment for you. 

Please ask questions! 

Its 31F here. Sunny but cold. Looking forward to warm Miami. 

FBA94458-8DB1-48D9-B8CE-341A18BFDCC3.jpeg

Sure leave me in Ohio while you go enjoy the sunshine!  Have a great cruise!!!