Can any Canadians help me.....

CRUSINGFAMILY

Hi everyone.

We are Canadian and have always been able to change the website for Celebrity between Canadian and US $ as we can book in either currency.  We like to book in US $ because we like to take the cruise line insurance.  However, with the website changes we cannot locate the place to change currency.  Does anyone know how to find it in US $?  

Thanks

Not Canadian but have a solution for you-

Go to the main page of CelebrityCruises. com 

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page or Press the End Button -

Last line   -   you will see a drop down arrow on the last word.   This is where you change your country.

© 2018 Celebrity Cruises, Inc. Ships' Registry: Malta and Ecuador. All Rights Reserved.

I believe your country is automatically select by your IP address but is stored as a cookie.

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

Hi everyone.

We are Canadian and have always been able to change the website for Celebrity between Canadian and US $ as we can book in either currency.  We like to book in US $ because we like to take the cruise line insurance.  However, with the website changes we cannot locate the place to change currency.  Does anyone know how to find it in US $?  

Thanks

It’s at the very bottom of the page on the right side.  Not sure why you would take the cruise care coverage as we were told you would not be covered by a US policy for medical living in Canada.  I believe it has something to do with OHIP.  Have you ever had a claim that you have had to use cruise care? .  Any time we have told them we are Canadian they tell us coverage would not apply.

You might want to check out X's cruise care coverage very carefully.  Like the previous poster said, it is my understanding too that the coverage is not appropriate for Canadians.  I work in the insurance industry and am very familiar with group travel policies.  I wouldn't risk using X's cruise care coverage.  I'm guessing you're also paying for the cruise care coverage in US dollars.  You'd be much better served booking in Canadian dollars and buying a travel policy yourself.  Go online - their are a lot of companies offering reputable coverage.  You can purchase it very quickly and painlessly.  When all is said and done, you'll pay less in CAD, plus you'll have coverage that won't fail you.

Edited by jaspersmommy
  • Like 1

Being Canadian I completely understand.  However, I was also told to NOT take the cruiseline insurance because of issues combining it with OHIP.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly why because it was a few years ago.  We buy online with CAA and their rates are quite good. You could also try Blue Cross.  If you are under 65 your credit card company usually offers travel insurance as part of your benefits.  We had this with our Visa card, but it was terminated when we turned 65.  It was great and it was no cost!  We only book cruises in Canadian dollars to eliminate the fluctuating dollar.  We know exactly how much we're spending without having to convert it.