Free drinks question

Price31

Here’s my dilemma, I’m getting a balcony for myself, daughter, 20 and 2 boys 13&14. My gf is getting an inside cabin for her and her 15 yr old son. I’m getting the Dinner and Drinks package but would like to use that with my gf, my daughter won’t drink. Is this possible to pass it on to her? We haven’t booked yet, just trying to find the best option for us. Any advice? TIA

If your girlfriends wants drinks, she should select the drink package as her perk.  Her son will get the soda package since he's under 21.  Your daughter as well will get the soda package if you select the UBP.

Unfortunately, you can't pass along your daughters dining package if you select that either.  Your daughter will have to be the one that uses the meals.

Another option would be to get adjoining statements...  Put the two adults in one and the 20yo in the other so the two adults can select drinks (possibly dining).  The caveat here though is you would likely have to either both get balconies or both get insides in order to get the adjoining state rooms.

12 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Remember that one adult must be in each cabin.

That is unless NCL has had a rules change.

I thought that but checked real quick on the 20 year old..  If you have adjoining cabins, you can have under 21 in the same cabin which is why I suggested the adjoining ones.  But then, like I said, either someone steps down to an inside or someone steps up to a balcony.

Maybe compromise on Ocean View and then get three perks...  That might be something to consider.

9 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I thought that but checked real quick on the 20 year old..  If you have adjoining cabins, you can have under 21 in the same cabin which is why I suggested the adjoining ones.  But then, like I said, either someone steps down to an inside or someone steps up to a balcony.

Maybe compromise on Ocean View and then get three perks...  That might be something to consider.

Getting adjoining cabins - this is not something done at the last minute - think about doing this 6 or more months out in advance.

Depending on the ship there are not a lot of options.

Often it is a matter of a balcony cabin and an inside across the passageway.

2 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

My understanding is that you can not do this with adjoining but may be able to if the rooms are connecting.

43 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I checked ncl.com directly. It uses both words. 

The NCL site has conflicting info. The most restrictive (minimum one 21 year-old per stateroom) is the policy.

If someone can get the right person to make it happen, it's possible to do it in another way but that is rare.  

43 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The NCL site has conflicting info. The most restrictive (minimum one 21 year-old per stateroom) is the policy.

If someone can get the right person to make it happen, it's possible to do it in another way but that is rare.  

Website is pretty clear is you ask me...

Traveling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

5 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

The website has had "same", "same (or connecting)", and "same, connecting, or side by side" at different times (and different parts of the site) and people have reported that 19 and 20 year-old siblings were not allowed to be booked in a connecting stateroom. 

If someone gets to book it, great.

If not, the info on the website may not help.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

6 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Traveling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

So the fine print at the end --- at the time of boarding --- then you have a legal age adult in each stateroom at the

time of boarding and then after boarding the ship some of the occupants of the staterooms are redistributed -

extra key cards will be necessary for some of the individuals to access the stateroom that they are in -

but not altering or changing the billing and on board account.