Few Allure Questions...

So excited to sail on Allure in March 2019 - Labadee, St Maarten and San Juan!

Quick random questions:

1) I booked the comedy shows 2 of them throughout the week, is it the same one repeated twice?

2) Do they have Caribbean pool bands on the ship? 

3) In the Windjammer buffet - is it organized into different stand alone stations or one big line up?

4) In Labadee - do you have to pay for umbrellas and chairs on the beach?

5) Do they have Silent Disco (they had it on Celebrity last year when I was on it)

Thanks for your reply!

The same comedy show is repeated about a dozen times, to give everyone a shot at seeing it.  The comedy venue is small.

Windjammer has different stations.

Chairs and umbrellas are free on Labadee, but the person who sets up the umbrella and chairs may expect a tip.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, michelle028 said:

Quick random questions:

1) I booked the comedy shows 2 of them throughout the week, is it the same one repeated twice?

3) In the Windjammer buffet - is it organized into different stand alone stations or one big line up?

5) Do they have Silent Disco (they had it on Celebrity last year when I was on it)

Thanks for your reply!

The Silent Disco nights on Celebrity are my absolute favorite!  I wish RCI would add them.  So much fun.

In preparation for my January cruise on Allure, I asked the same questions about comedians. Other CC members clarified that each comedy show features the same comedians. However, there are two different venues - Comedy Live and the Amber Theater. The online cruise planner will allow you to book once in each venue.

I, too, am hoping for a silent disco! I have seen it in Cruise Compasses for other Allure trips posted on these boards, so maybe we'll get one!

5 minutes ago, JulieMcCoy said:

In preparation for my January cruise on Allure, I asked the same questions about comedians. Other CC members clarified that each comedy show features the same comedians. However, there are two different venues - Comedy Live and the Amber Theater. The online cruise planner will allow you to book once in each venue.

I, too, am hoping for a silent disco! I have seen it in Cruise Compasses for other Allure trips posted on these boards, so maybe we'll get one!

Fingers crossed!

We just returned from the Allure.  The comedy shows from day 1 - 6 were the same show, held in the comedy club (there were 2 comedians).  Those same 2 comedians had a different show (with different material) on the last night, which was held in the Amber Theatre.  There was also a family friendly show they did earlier that last evening, but I don't think that was able to be booked ahead of time (you could just drop in).  

The Windjammer buffet has different stations, but it was always jam packed and chaotic.  There is a smaller breakfast & lunch buffet at the front of the ship in the Solarium that is MUCH less congested.  We always went there on port days for breakfast because it was much quicker and a much more pleasant experience.  

On 12/10/2018 at 10:01 AM, michelle028 said:

Quick random questions:

Thanks for your reply!

Can you explain what Silent Disco is? We will be on the Allure in Feb 2019.  Thanks for your help!

7 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

Can you explain what Silent Disco is? We will be on the Allure in Feb 2019.  Thanks for your help!

Dancers wear headphones, which can be tuned to one of two different channels of music.

2 hours ago, bobbie0253 said:

On day 3 now on the Allure .. didn’t see it yet. I’ll keep an eye out. ( posting compasses including adventure ocean when we return. 😊

Any chance you could also post the Teen compass?  Mine does much better when he has an idea ahead of time what to expect and although I've seen a couple, they are rather old and even if I tell him that they don't really change, he would feel better if he saw something more recent.

TIA!

8 hours ago, acpalmer said:

Any chance you could also post the Teen compass?  Mine does much better when he has an idea ahead of time what to expect and although I've seen a couple, they are rather old and even if I tell him that they don't really change, he would feel better if he saw something more recent.

TIA!

I definitely will ... I will try tomorrow. The teen area seems to be busier than what we usually see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, bobbie0253 said:

On day 3 now on the Allure .. didn’t see it yet. I’ll keep an eye out. ( posting compasses including adventure ocean when we return. 😊

Hi , can you tell me if the Windjammerbuffet have a Mongolian wok service?We did the Harmony of the seas, and they had one station, the chef is prepairing the food for you.

Hope you enyoy the cruise!

15 minutes ago, rorotynette said:

Hi , can you tell me if the Windjammerbuffet have a Mongolian wok service?We did the Harmony of the seas, and they had one station, the chef is prepairing the food for you.

Hope you enyoy the cruise!

I never noticed one on Allure but I am glad there is one on Harmony as we are sailing on Harmony next month and I love Mongolian Wok food.  I didn't realize they had that on Harmony.  Thanks.