MOVE UP BID---PENDING??

healthworker

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are currently booked in a veranda on the Mille and would like to bid on a sky suite, if available, when our 30 day window opens. Because we are not booked in either an Aqua or Concierge cabin, will we still be able to bid on a suite?

I am also curious how it works when you have a variety of category levels bidding and everyone bids the highest acceptable $$$ amount based on their current category, but the lowest category cabin submitted their bid first? Who gets the cabin if there is only one available? Is it the earliest bidder or the bidder with the highest bidding cabin category or does the Loyalty level somehow come into play? 

I am not sure if anyone knows for sure.  It might be manual or automated somehow.  I would think it would based on which combination of bids results  in the greatest increase in Celebrity revenue.  

Good luck

We do get posts of cruisers winning bids.  I would guess that the losing bids (including those without an available cabin) far out the number winning bids.

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I am not sure if anyone knows for sure.  It might be manual or automated somehow.  I would think it would based on which combination of bids results  in the greatest increase in Celebrity revenue.  

Good luck

We do get posts of cruisers winning bids.  I would guess that the losing bids (including those without an available cabin) far out the number winning bids.

We’re in a suite right now on the Reflection and our butler mentioned that he’s heard of them closing out the bidding when they get a max bid just in case that bidder decides to modify or cancel their bid later on as most folks bid much less than the max most of the time.

But, of course, the max bid would still have to be somewhat reasonable for us to consider doing that. For example an increase of 25 - 40% of the difference between retail cabin costs would seem to be a fair deal to us.