Not happy with RCL Customer Service

sunscreen

So I booked a shore excursion through the cruise line back at beginning of November for a cruise in March 2019.  I noticed today thru RCL emails that they have discounted this excursion.  Not a big discount but a couple drinks none the less.   On the excursion now it says check on board where it normally says add to your cart.   So I called them directly advising them that I do not want to cancel it online myself because it appears that it is fully booked and I might not be able to rebook it then.  So I thought they could do it from there end by simply crediting my OBA the difference.   No such luck.   Not very good customer service I say.  Other cruise lines I have cruised with automatically have credited by OBA with the difference if they discount a shore excursion that I have had previously booked.  Not RCL.  And then she had the nerve to ask if I wanted to book more excursions with them.  I said "no thank you"  I will be booking privately for this very reason.  So just a heads up to anyone else that encounters this and another reason to book your on excursions privately.  

14 hours ago, sunscreen said:

So I booked a shore excursion through the cruise line back at beginning of November for a cruise in March 2019.  I noticed today thru RCL emails that they have discounted this excursion.  Not a big discount but a couple drinks none the less.   On the excursion now it says check on board where it normally says add to your cart.   So I called them directly advising them that I do not want to cancel it online myself because it appears that it is fully booked and I might not be able to rebook it then.  So I thought they could do it from there end by simply crediting my OBA the difference.   No such luck.   Not very good customer service I say.  Other cruise lines I have cruised with automatically have credited by OBA with the difference if they discount a shore excursion that I have had previously booked.  Not RCL.  And then she had the nerve to ask if I wanted to book more excursions with them.  I said "no thank you"  I will be booking privately for this very reason.  So just a heads up to anyone else that encounters this and another reason to book your on excursions privately.  

Maybe the difference is "cancel" vs editing and rebooking at the reduced rate.  Did that with 5 excursions during Black Friday sale - no problem  the difference is put back on your credit card - not OBC.    No difference financially but I would rather have it on my credit card rather than OBC  anyway.

You can always cancel any Cruise Planner purchases and re-book them for the lower price. But, if the excursion is sold out, I can see why they wouldn't change the price. (Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if the RCCL computer systems don't have the capability to adjust the price on a purchased item.)  I do understand your frustration. But, it's the same with staterooms and airline tickets. They often show a lower price, but if they are sold out you can't actually book that lower price.

Not sure how you can see a price for an excursion that is booked up.  Some kind of sample price in an email is useless.  If a tour is actually fully booked it doesn't show up in the Planner, or maybe appears as a "book this onboard."

In our case we look in the Planner and can see both the new price and a "you booked this on ..."  Our price shows up in the "order history" link at the top of the page.  If the new price is lower than the price we paid we just cancel the one in the order history and rebook immediately on the excursion page.  Last time I did this saved $14pp.

Keep watching the prices.  They go up and down all the time.  Check at least once a week or if someone here reports a sale going on.

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

Not sure how you can see a price for an excursion that is booked up.  Some kind of sample price in an email is useless.  If a tour is actually fully booked it doesn't show up in the Planner, or maybe appears as a "book this onboard."

In our case we look in the Planner and can see both the new price and a "you booked this on ..."  Our price shows up in the "order history" link at the top of the page.  If the new price is lower than the price we paid we just cancel the one in the order history and rebook immediately on the excursion page.  Last time I did this saved $14pp.

Keep watching the prices.  They go up and down all the time.  Check at least once a week or if someone here reports a sale going on.

For several weeks there has been a fishing excursion on my cruise planner for Roatan. It shows a price and also says that the price is ten percent off of the onboard price. It also says this excursion cannot be booked online and to please check onboard.   So, yes, sometimes it will show excursions and prices but won’t let you book them, presumably because they’re full and/or the presale allotment has been sold.