Just booked with non-refundable deposit

cruiserchuck

Celebrity is running a big special this weekend where it is offering two additional perks if you go with a non-refundable deposit.  I was hesitant to book it at first, but then realized that for the cruise we were interested in, final payment is due in about 40 days, and we are definitely going to do the cruise.  As such, It seemed like a no brainer to go with the non-refundable deposit, which we did.    

• Thanks 1

In the U.K. it is always non refundable deposits! 

To be honest we have never found it an issue as it is just the same as any vacation. Also you can pay (£75 per person for the first two guests) to change your cruise (one change free for Elite and above). This has given us the flexibility between booking and cruising to swap at no cost if issues of health, timing...arise.

I don’t know if they offer something similar in the USA...but it does take the sting out of booking with non refundable deposits knowing that if the unforeseen happens you can make a change without loosing your full deposit and at no cost at all if you are Elite.

• Thanks 1

The non-refundable deposit is fairly new here in the USA, and this was the first cruise that I looked at that offered it.  At first I was worried, probably since I was not too familiar with it.  However, they will allow you to cancel more than 90 days before the cruise for a charge of $100 per person, but you then have to use the remaining amount on a cruise taken within 12 months of the cancellation.  You can also move the deposit for a charge of $100 per person, but it is not clear if the 12 month usage restriction would also apply.  

I also went to a non-refundable deposit about a month ago.  Have had 3 prices since then and just added free wifi with the 3 perks sale today.  Since I booked back in June my price has dropped $2000. Have all 4 perks now had only 2 when booked.  Plus an additional $200 OBSC.  Crazy. 

40 minutes ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

I also went to a non-refundable deposit about a month ago.  Have had 3 prices since then and just added free wifi with the 3 perks sale today.  Since I booked back in June my price has dropped $2000. Have all 4 perks now had only 2 when booked.  Plus an additional $200 OBSC.  Crazy. 

That it great.  Hopefully I will be as lucky.  We have three perks, and if we can get a price reduction and keep the perks, I will be very happy.  

On 12/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, cruiserchuck said:

Celebrity is running a big special this weekend where it is offering two additional perks if you go with a non-refundable deposit.  I was hesitant to book it at first, but then realized that for the cruise we were interested in, final payment is due in about 40 days, and we are definitely going to do the cruise.  As such, It seemed like a no brainer to go with the non-refundable deposit, which we did.    

We did the same for something next fall.

Plus there was $600 off the cabin price. 

The per day rate was pretty sweet and adding the 3 perks is nice. It seemed to be only on select sailings though--correct?