Is it a hassle doing a back to back on same ship?

Maggiepie

4 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

We've done several B2B cruises in the same cabin.  We tell our steward to do the change-over the day before if he has time.  This way it's one less cabin for him to do on change-over day.

That is a great idea! I hope to do a B2B one day so i will have to remember that.

23 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You were being held because there was a problem or a delay in crew whose contracts were ending voluntarily or not voluntary.  Custom Officers could have also be doing an inspection with the puppers.   

Actually think on ours it was because there were only 19 of us doing the B2B so they really did sort of lose track of where we were and what  to do with us.  :classic_rolleyes:

On 12/15/2018 at 12:26 PM, Maggiepie said:

We are thinking of doing a b-b (5 days/4 days) on Carnival Dream in 2021 for our 50th wedding anniversary but was wondering if it is a hassle getting off/on for the switch over?  How long can we expect before we are back on and ready to roll again?  If the majority tell me there is very little disruption I think we will seriously consider.  We've always done 7+ day cruises (this will be our 25th cruise) and felt the entertainment was great....with less day cruises how do you feel the entertainment compares as we do enjoy the shows.  Any positives/negatives will be greatly appreciated.

We have only done 1 B2B, but our experience was great!

We had a long breakfast, and then went to meet at the GS Desk area

We were instructed to meet in the Lobby by the GS Desk.  I think there 15-20 of us.   We were all processed there, got new cards etc.  

By 10am, we were released and went back to our cabin for a few things and then up to the open decks for some sun and fun!   Watched the ship turnover process for a bit, then settled in on a shaded lounge chair with a cocktail!  

I guess it depends on the ship and crew for a good turn - around experience.

11 hours ago, coevan said:

What does the Coast Guard check? 

The USCG oversees safety drills, inspections, and other stuff toward the safety of the ship.  No passengers are let on board until they are done.  We were exempted as B2B passengers.  There were some activities that we saw, but most were below deck.  We had the ship to ourselves until about 1:00 that day.  Nothing was open, though.  

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg